Craig Kimbrel 2024

1 hour ago, bpilktree67 said:

This was the first game he really got hit hard, the other games before this were mostly just walks and steals that got him in trouble.  His last 4 outings he has went 4 innings given up 2 hits but walked 5.  The problem is he isn’t getting enough work like he is used to but part of that is we been in lot close games and you can’t trust him in those games.  Right now you have Soto and Kimbrel almost unusable then Baker who is hit or miss.  That leaves you Akin, Smith, and Perez that are decent but not great then two real high end guys.  

He's been around long enough he should be able to keep himself ready to pitch.

33 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

I just read that Orioles have club 2025 option on Kimbrel for $ 13 million with $ 1 million buyout . Should Orioles exercise buyout now OR wait till offseason to make that decision ?

If you had $1M dollars you had to pay to someone, would you do it now, or wait until later if you could?

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else feel a little uncomfortable that we have taken on three former Phillies relievers given the fact that these dudes could not help bring Philly a world series trophy?  As in, if the Phillies were really going for it this year, and these guys were really good, why would they part with them?  Is anyone else wondering this after seeing Soto and Kimbrel in action?

6 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Does anyone else feel a little uncomfortable that we have taken on three former Phillies relievers given the fact that these dudes could not help bring Philly a world series trophy?  As in, if the Phillies were really going for it this year, and these guys were really good, why would they part with them?  Is anyone else wondering this after seeing Soto and Kimbrel in action?

Dominguez was a Phillies reliever....so far he's been ok.

14 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I thought the same when the trades were made. Therefore, I was convinced that not only would Coloumbe be back but Felix would be sometime in September as well. Seems Elias has poo-poo’ed on thar thought however. 

22 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

If you had $1M dollars you had to pay to someone, would you do it now, or wait until later if you could?

I would look at the contract and find what the deadline to pay that $ 1 million around few days before that date .   I would wait and see if Kimbrel can get himself sorted 1st  .  I also keep an eye on Columbe and Webb returning . 

Going back through Kimbrel’s inning last night, and it looked to me like every Boston hitter knew what pitch was coming during their ABs. I understand that when a two-pitch pitcher is having trouble landing one of those pitches (such as Kimbrel and his breaking ball) the batter will zero in whatever pitch is working. But the Red Sox were right on both his FB and breaking balls last night, even when they were in good spots. I’m wondering if Kimbrel might be somehow tipping his pitches. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

And they wanted to pick up the option.

I don’t remember anyone suggesting that the O’s should make a decision on the option before the year was over.  Maybe someone said “if Kimbrel keeps pitching like this, they should pick up his option” or something like that.  Well, he hasn’t kept pitching like that.  

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Going back through Kimbrel’s inning last night, and it looked to me like every Boston hitter knew what pitch was coming during their ABs. I understand that when a two-pitch pitcher is having trouble landing one of those pitches (such as Kimbrel and his breaking ball) the batter will zero in whatever pitch is working. But the Red Sox were right on both his FB and breaking balls last night, even when they were in good spots. I’m wondering if Kimbrel might be somehow tipping his pitches. 

Cora was the proud leader of the trash can days. I think Kimbrel was just horrible. Makes more sense they had some edge against Burnes.

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t remember anyone suggesting that the O’s should make a decision on the option before the year was over.  Maybe someone said “if Kimbrel keeps pitching like this, they should pick up his option” or something like that.  Well, he hasn’t kept pitching like that.  

I remember seeing a few posts saying they were in favor of picking the option up back when he was doing well, but I don't have time to go digging the posts up.