Orioles attendance 2024

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s also spring break for most/all in the area. Lots of people probably out of town.

Yes,starting the season before April and during spring break,attendance was poor at many stadiums yesterday. At least eight teams drew below 25,000.Many way below that. Poor for a Sunday 

25 minutes ago, OldNewGuy said:

Guess we'll find out what the season ticket base is Tue night against KC. Especially if the weather is less than stellar. (Or maybe tonight or Wed)

But Birdland members (besides flex) can exchange their tickets for other games. Season plans were up alot for this season but most are 13 game plans.

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Will the LF upper deck be open at all this year?  It does seem ideal as it condenses the concession workers. 

So far have not sold that area yet for the Yankee weekend series or Hawaiian shirt day Maybe as it gets closer or perhaps leaving it closed for the year.

6 hours ago, Going Underground said:

So far have not sold that area yet for the Yankee weekend series or Hawaiian shirt day Maybe as it gets closer or perhaps leaving it closed for the year.

We kept hearing about staffing shortages last year.  I think there may have even been a strike/protest this offseason.  I was at the game Saturday and there was an abundance of employees.  I'd rather have that then have the same amount of staff spread thin for the very few that even sit in those seats.  

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Will the LF upper deck be open at all this year?  It does seem ideal as it condenses the concession workers. 

Probably like last year... only when needed.   Weekend givaway games where huge crowds are expected.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Tuesday on a not very nice Tuesday against the Royals, 9,404.

That barely beats the lowest crowd of last year, 9,322 on a Monday night vs. Oakland.   Of course, that was on a sunny day where the game time temperature was 64 degrees.  

I guess with flex plans and very liberal exchange policies, it’s not that easy to draw conclusions about how attendance will be this year from looking at the poorly attended games in early April.  Let’s just say that there are no overt signs of a big attendance bump yet.