Colton Cowser 2024

Is throwing accuracy part of defensive metrics?  Because it's a complete mystery where the ball will end up when Cowser throws from the outfield.  Mullins has a weak arm,  Cowser has an erratic arm.   What to do here?

I think easy 10 and maybe 20 clubs would write today's Cowser into the lineup every day and watch him grow.

It is fun being one of and in key competition daily with another of the top 10 clubs.

An easy intellectual shortcut to bypass figuring out which of Cowser or Kjerstad is "better" is to trade them both.   

It would also be like Austin Hays - Kyle Stowers fan fiction.

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

For all the moaning and groaning about Cowser lately, he is only 0.1 fWAR behind Joey Ortiz. 

Considering he was a much more highly-rated prospect that doesn't give me comfort.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Ehh, not sure he was “much more” highly rated although I guess it depends on how you define that.

FV 60 for Cowser. Nobody here wanted to trade him, a top-20 prospect. I think it's fair to say he was much more highly regarded.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

FV 60 for Cowser. Nobody here wanted to trade him, a top-20 prospect. I think it's fair to say he was much more highly regarded.

The only publication I saw him as a top 20 guy was MLb.com. Most had him in the 30-50 range and a few didn’t rank him at all.

Ortiz had less top 100 rankings but he was on some and was more in the 60-80 range.

I think Cowser was boosted by his draft spot as well.

I would say he was more highly regarded but I think “much more” is overselling it.

That said, your original statement still doesn’t carry weight.  Lots of “less regarded” guys have great careers and great seasons. Cowser being right there with a guy who is playing at a high level isn’t some bad thing.  I know you try to find reasons to diminish Cowser but that ain’t it.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

The only publication I saw him as a top 20 guy was MLb.com. Most had him in the 30-50 range and a few didn’t rank him at all.

Ortiz had less top 100 rankings but he was on some and was more in the 60-80 range.

I think Cowser was boosted by his draft spot as well.

I would say he was more highly regarded but I think “much more” is overselling it.

That said, your original statement still doesn’t carry weight.  Lots of “less regarded” guys have great careers and great seasons. Cowser being right there with a guy who is playing at a high level isn’t some bad thing.  I know you try to find reasons to diminish Cowser but that ain’t it.

Okay. 😂

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Top five pick.  Those are the guys they were tanking for.

2 years younger, not a soul on this site would have traded him instead of Ortiz, but now they are equals. I love the dynamics here.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

We got Creed Willems with some of that cut money - maybe he'll become something.

John Rhodes repeating AA and doing worse...not great.

Supposedly he was the target, the savings were just a bonus.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Zero said they are equals but sure, keep up the lies. 

Saying Cowser was much more highly regarded isn't a lie. You don't believe it, so that makes it a lie. I'll be the 123,904,083 poster to inform you that your opinions are just that, opinions, they are not truths or infallible.

Edited by Malike

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Saying Cowser was much more highly regarded isn't a lie. You don't believe it, so that makes it a lie. I'll be the 123,904,083 poster to inform you that your opinions are just that, opinions, they are not truths or infallible.

That’s not the lie.  You said now people are saying Ortiz and Cowser are equals.  No one is saying that.  That’s a lie.