The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

3 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

You nailed nothing in that post. When you made the thread, it read already statically impossible for the orioles to miss the playoffs. You were wrong. 

Said O's won't win WS.  Check.

Said O's may or may not make the playoffs.  Half a check.

Said O's will not win a playoff series.  Check.

Said the other contenders were more talented.  Check.

Said the Rangers were my pick to win it all.  DOUBLE CHECK.

Nailed it!

21 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Can you read?   Srs question.   Are you dyslexic? 

What did I say?

IF I am the O's I cut or trade Mateo Urias, Hayes and Kemp and don't think twice about it.

You literally wrote that if you were the Orioles you would not think twice about cutting Hayes and Urias. Note your use of the word "or". That is a dumb statement. Very dumb. 

11 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Said O's won't win WS.  Check.

Said O's may or may not make the playoffs.  Half a check.

Said O's will not win a playoff series.  Check.

Said the other contenders were more talented.  Check.

Said the Rangers were my pick to win it all.  DOUBLE CHECK.

Nailed it!

Nice try reframing "may not" into "may or may not" when that's not how your original claim was phrased and "may or may not" is a nothing statement to begin with. No half check there from me even if some of your other predictions were correct. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You keep making posts that are factually incorrect.  If you are going to post at least be accurate.

I made that post on Aug 11 of last year.  At the time they were up 2.5 games (I think) on the division and I think 8 games for the last WC spot.

whatever the numbers were, it was a moronic take.

2 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

IMHO, this thread has gone from WOW to just plain ridiculous. At this moment in time, there is only one oriole I'd cut. 

@OnlyOneOriole has brought the Hangout family together.   Only a modest, self-described elite athlete in 6 sports, who said this team was dead last night before its second dramatic 9th inning win in two nights, could do that.    And now, reminding us of a thread last August in which he warned that the Orioles may not make the playoffs and believes he nailed it.   What a guy!    And to think he’s an actual PBA bowler.  Not a national guy like Earl Anthony or Pete Weber.   The PBA is apparently like the rappers, with an East Coast and a West Coast.    I went the other day. $10 a game.  We had to put the bumpers up for the kids.  When I was a kid it was like 90 cents a game and if you didn’t throw a good ball it went in the gutter and you got ZERO.    My friends 9 year old threw about 2 good ones and about 18 triple ricochets and somehow got 3 spares, a 102, and bragging rights over his 3 friends.   Oh!  How times have changed!  LOL

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Cutting Urias and Hayes and even Mateo would be completely idiotic. Those players have value. You don't cut them, you trade them. You should stick to bowling. ;) 

I think they're stuck with them for at least a couple months. And they certainly won't be THIS bad for that long. 

But I hope Elias isn't expecting some magical return for those guys. He's not likely to get one.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think they're stuck with them for at least a couple months. And they certainly won't be THIS bad for that long. 

But I hope Elias isn't expecting some magical return for those guys. He's not likely to get one.

I'm sure Elias will have realistic expectations, but I don't think Hayes is going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I think all of them are likely to be with the Orioles for most or even the entire season. Again, I, like most posters, want more of the prospects on the team, but that's not how Elias is rolling. I think Kemp goes for Holliday sometime in May (if Holliday continues to hit great and is at least adequate on defense), but I can see Elias waiting for injuries and more sustained crappiness before he does much with the outfielders. I think Elias will be more far more patient than most of posters will like. 

Nailed my take because I said the Os may or may not make the playoffs.

Thats a completely genius take.  I’m not sure what the third option is but he sure as hell did a good job narrowing it down between those 2.  

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

You literally wrote that if you were the Orioles you would not think twice about cutting Hayes and Urias. Note your use of the word "or". That is a dumb statement. Very dumb. 

You can't read.  For the last time. 

I said CUT or TRADE. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Nailed my take because I said the Os may or may not make the playoffs.

Thats a completely genius take.  I’m not sure what the third option is but he sure as hell did a good job narrowing it down between those 2.  P

When I read many of the posts on here, I again am reminded and realize how many internet posters are actual incels.  Complete and utter losers and rejects in life who have nothing better to do  than troll whatever internet chat board they take a liking to and endlessly MEME GIF and bash any poster that disagrees with their set opinion.    I see this on political sites (I lean way right).  On various sports sites such as this.   And lots of others.

I have read lots of posts on here personally bashing me.  From my looks to the things I do to the the things I say.  I have refrained from doing any of that. 

Why?  Because that is something 15 year old kids do.  Not grown adult men with a life. 

All you guys do is troll.  Everything you say is 100% correct,  (in your opinion) and nothing that will ever be presented as FACTS can change your mind.  I have witnessed it here in this thread and many others.  I have seen it on LOTS of websites that have to do with politics.  Right or left.  Rep or Dem.  Communist. ANTIFA. Pro Trump.  Anti Trump.  Right wing supremacists.  IMO this is why for the most part I stay off of social media.  As does my wife. 

Why?  Because of threads like this.  So many of you guys are so lost in life and so with NOTHING in life, that bashing a poster like me.....who has been a staunch Oriole fan since I was 3 growing up in MI, gives you joy.

Nothing I have said in this thread (or the other one that the trolls took so much offense to) has been wrong.  I was right in all of my predictions in that thread from last year, and if trolls are telling me that you would rather have Urias, Mateo, Kemp, and Hays starting in place of Holliday, Mayo, Heston, and Stowers (which is exactly what you are saying)? 

Then I don't know what to say.  Other than again, you are trolls. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You can't read.  For the last time. 

I said CUT or TRADE. 

I would cut more than Hays and Urias. Everyone in Norfolk is tearing the cover off the ball.