Holliday home debut on Apple TV

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

I know yall don’t like it, but I have Apple TV and their broadcast and picture are top notch. Get the free trial if you can. 

I’m definitely considering even though I won’t get home until 7:45 to 8pm. You can start the broadcast from the beginning right? 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Apple TV broadcasts are pretty sweet.   Great picture, great camera work.  

Facts.  I like how all the score bugs sort of blend into the picture instead of just being on the screen (don't really know how to describe it).

2 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I started watching the first episode, I could not get into that show. Guess I'm going to have to give it another go...

Give it 2 or 3 and I guarantee you will be hooked. Show goes places man, it's wild. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Give it 2 or 3 and I guarantee you will be hooked. Show goes places man, it's wild. 

Yeah I hear that. I thought the same thing when I started watching Mad Men. I was like, "This show is okay, but I don't really get all the hype."  I kept watching and then I couldn't stop.

12 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Facts.  I like how all the score bugs sort of blend into the picture instead of just being on the screen (don't really know how to describe it).

Yep.  Wish they had more games based on the picture alone.  Their announcers are ass, but that's to be expected.  Hard to find national broadcast talent that's good.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep.  Wish they had more games based on the picture alone.  Their announcers are ass, but that's to be expected.  Hard to find national broadcast talent that's good.

To be fair, you think our local PBP is ass as well. Tough standards. 

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

To be fair, you think our local PBP is ass as well. Tough standards. 

I don’t think he’s ass, I just find him annoying. He’s behind Thorne and Proctor, comfortably ahead of Jim Hunter and Michael Reghi as far as TV pbp guys we’ve had. 

3 hours ago, SouthRider said:

Tonight's game on MLBTV is their "free game of the day", but I think it is still blacked out in the Balt/DC area.  

Yeah, for those of us not in the Baltimore area you should be able to watch it free on mlbtv

Has anyone who signed up for Apple TV had any trouble streaming baseball? 

It worked fine on my TV for movies and shows, but I could not get it to work for baseball games, even after Apple support tried to help me for over an hour on the phone.  I have the old Apple TV black box -- not a Smart TV.  But still weird that it worked for shows but not live sports. 

Been putting off getting a new TV because I like mine, but maybe I gotta pull the trigger.

DL Hall is the probable pitcher for Milwaukee. 

Do we think Holliday starts this game against the lefty, on his home debut T-shirt night? Or does he pinch-hit for Urias or Mateo in the later innings?