Orioles are the highest scoring team in the AL this season

SteveA

Through Sunday, the Orioles are once again the highest scoring team in the American League for the 2024 season (assuming neither the Mariners or A's score 25+ runs in their games which are still going on)....

Gms Runs  RPG
           --- ----  ----
Orioles     15   82  5.47
Guardians   15   81  5.40
Rangers     16   86  5.38
Royals      16   85  5.31
Yankees     16   79  4.94
Astros      17   80  4.71
Red Sox     16   72  4.50

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Facts can't penetrate the game threads.

I think it’s an expectation thing. Last year everyone thought this has got to end at some point. Either the Rays or the Jays will stop them.  And then it never happened. This year the expectation is that we’re going to win 95 games out of the gate. We just aren’t used to watching a team with those types of expectations and we think you need to be much better than you actually have to on a day to day basis

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

I think it’s an expectation thing. Last year everyone thought this has got to end at some point. Either the Rays or the Jays will stop them.  And then it never happened. This year the expectation is that we’re going to win 95 games out of the gate. We just aren’t used to watching a team with those types of expectations and we think you need to be much better than you actually have to on a day to day basis

Naw, game threads have always been like that.

They were leading MLB with hitting with RISP and folks were still complaining about the lack of clutch hitting last year.

Just like the poster that's evidently disappointed Adley is only the best catcher in baseball and not the best catcher that hits 50 dongs a year.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 1

Reading the comments of some posters here, it would be safe to assume the O's have a bottom 5 offense in mlb.  Approximately 1/2 thr position players should be DFA'ed to bring up prospects who almost all have defensive questions.  I'm glad Elias is in charge.

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Reading the comments of some posters here, it would be safe to assume the O's have a bottom 5 offense in mlb.  Approximately 1/2 thr position players should be DFA'ed to bring up prospects who almost all have defensive questions.  I'm glad Elias is in charge.

It's interesting that Elias and Hyde say how important defense is and yet they draft guys with questionable gloves and then don't manage to develop them much defensively.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's interesting that Elias and Hyde say how important defense is and yet they draft guys with questionable gloves and then don't manage to develop them much defensively.

Which players are you referencing?

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

Which players are you referencing?

Kjerstad, Norby and Mayo.

I remember when Kjerstad was drafted as saying I wouldn't spend a 1-2 on a guy that was at best a Corner outfielder. 

Not sure what Stowers rep was out of school.

Have any of those first three made substantive gains with the glove?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Naw, game threads have always been like that.

They were leading MLB with hitting with RISP and folks were still complaining about the lack of clutch hitting last year.

Just like the poster that's evidently disappointed Adley is only the best catcher in baseball and not the best catcher that hits 50 dongs a year.

I do think another part is there is no one dominant hitter.  There is no Judge, Acuna, or Soto. When you have a guy like that it is reassuring whenever they come to bat.  The Orioles have guys that hope to get near that level of offensive player but whenever you think they might they tend to fall back. Of course, if Cowser keeps this up he could be that type of hitter.