4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Pretty sure it was just in terms of picture quality and camera work. 

The camera work is apparently the same, And there right now they’re having an interview over gameplay which I despise. I don’t want to listen to them having a vapid chat with Corbin Burns while the game is on.

And that second voice on the broadcast is very androgynous. I don’t know who that is but they are terrible.

• Upvote 1

I never thought I would do this to the Orioles, because the radio people are awful, but I think I’m going to turn down the TV and turn up the radio, so I can deal with my regular complaints

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Wells’ velocity seems down and location-spotty. Starting to look like the guy from July. 

He was decent last series but you’re right, tonight he looks like the guy with weaker stuff and a tired arm. 92mph fastball when elevated, that is batting practice. 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

The camera work is apparently the same, And there right now they’re having an interview over gameplay which I despise. I don’t want to listen to them having a vapid chat with Corbin Burns while the game is on.

And that second voice on the broadcast is very androgynous. I don’t know who that is but they are terrible.

Yeah, it's not like it's a ton better visually. I watch on a pretty huge screen, too. Maybe it's better on smaller screens for the people replying otherwise on here. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The link you posted didn't say anything about 800 pounds.  I don't recall the exact article I linked earlier but his one says 455, which is a lot less that 600 and no where near 800. https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/20/orioles-jackson-holliday-offseason-training-program/ This says 425: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoQDO6sjzEt/   So someone said something else, you had a fit about it.  Then today someone said 800 pounds, as a joke, and you ran with it.    
    • Maybe as big a decision Elias has in the next few months is whether to make him a priority play for the tournament.    His talent evaluation results overall are pretty good. MLB's 1-1 high school infielders since 1990 are: Best - Chipper, A-Rod, Mauer, Bryce (honorary status as a recent infield convert) Middle - Adrian Gonzalez, BJ Upton*, Justin Upton, Correa, Royce Lewis Worst - Matt Bush, Tim Beckham *BJ Upton went 1-2 but commanded more bonus so as Elias has taught us each draft pool dollar means something. The Orioles have also put a lot of time into Jorge Mateo with nice return, and it may be bad process to tinker with your keystone combo too close to the big dance.   Time horizon is more like weeks if you want half a season for them to gel, and the glass is half full.    Glass half empty, I guess it still isn't out of the range of outcomes Holliday ending up with the Mountcastle International League MVP and a little bit more to work on kind of deal.
    • We will be on Sunday Night Baseball in 2 weeks when we play the Rangers. That was just announced today.
    • That is fine.  You can have your opinion. However it is my strong opinion that you have no idea what you are talking about. 
    • Hey man. If you're going to make fun of bowling, at least get your details right. The furthest set of dots from the foul line is 15 feet. The closest set is 12 feet.
    • Actually, Friday still has some tickets remaining. Saturday and Sunday are sold out.
    • In this thread last month you lambasted me because I said JH was not that strong and looked weak.  You as a result said that JH squats and DLs 800 pounds.  You went on and on about how wrong I was and how strong JH was.  I literally LAUGHED for a solid minute after reading that but didn't respond because I thought you had to be joking and you have continually cut me down in almost any post I make so I let it go. But then you doubled down with your comment earlier today about his power lifting numbers....again. So since I know that you directed that comment at me, it is time for me to come at you with some cold hard facts and to show  how wrong...not just wrong but in another universe wrong...that you were and are. 
  • Popular Contributors