4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

Just now, emmett16 said:

Wow - did not expect him to look like that.  I tend to like his commentary on the radio.   

Yeah I remember him as a player for the Rockies. I like him on Loud Outs as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Yeah I remember him as a player for the Rockies. I like him on Loud Outs as well.

He doesn’t take himself too seriously and gives pretty interesting inside views of player life.  Will be interesting to see how he does this game.  Does he call game for the Rockies?

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

He doesn’t take himself too seriously and gives pretty interesting inside views of player life.  Will be interesting to see how he does this game.  Does he call game for the Rockies?

He does a lot of games on Apple TV. He's also really close to the Holliday family so he's probably biased hah. He does do some Rockies games, I think like Ben used to before he was close to a full timer.

Edited by Malike
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• First of all, I never said Irvin wasn’t adequate. I’m perfectly happy with him in the rotation.    Secondly, I didn’t confirm anything. We aren’t going to slowly sink. If the Os don’t make one move, they still get into the playoffs and at that point, anything can happen. What we aren’t right now, in all likelihood, is a team that appears prime to win a WS. I think we need more pitching for that but sinking?  No, that’s overboard and ridiculous.
    • On this promotion we agree. It's time for Coby Mayo to be playing everyday 3B in Baltimore.
    • Oh, I also saw a Jackson vs Henderson "debate" in this thread somewhere. While I think Holliday is going to be a very good player, and yes, he out produced Henderson at the same levels at a younger age, but Henderson is a physical specimen/oddity due to size, athleticism, speed and arm. He's truly a 5-tool player and is the kind of player you build your franchise around. I see more of a solid average to above average major leaguer in Holliday when I look at the tools vs a generational talent. If I had to choose between the two, it's not even close who I would choose, but that's not a hit on Holliday, but more of shout out to the kind of talent we're watching with Gunnar. I'll be honest, he very well may be the most athletic superstar the Orioles have ever had. If Holliday can make himself a quality second baseman or maybe even transition to CF, he's going to be a very good player at the major league level at the top of a lineup as an on base machine. If the automatic strike zone gets adopted in some form at the major league level, and I believe it will be next year, he becomes even more dangerous.
    • Roy , thanks for showing these stats side by side . I didnt realize just how good Mayo really is . Now I’m going with don’t trade Coby camp . They better get some return if they do
    • Good Lord, somewhere I lost track of this thread only to see it derailed into 10 others subjects. 1) Please keep on the subject of Jackson Holliday 2) My thoughts on Jackson Holliday's "Athleticism." First off, Holliday has very good speed, has made some very good plays defensively while on the move, and is playing professional baseball with the best in the world, that in in of itself makes him above average athletically. Now, saying that, he's not an extreme quick twitch guy and he doesn't have that explosive first step you'd typically want in a shortstop. That combined with his below average arm was why I pretty quickly concluded that shortstop would be a stretch for him without additional physical development.  3) The arm woes could very well be from him trying to improve his arm strength this offseason. I don't know what his routine was, but watching him lob balls around the infield tells me he was saving his arm and was kind of treating it with "kid gloves" which suggests he was not 100%. How much that has affected his hitting, I don't know, but his domination by major league pitchers was most likely not because of elbow discomfort. 4) I've said for awhile that Jackson Holliday is untouchable along with Basallo and Mayo, and I still think it would take a ton of a return that would include controllable players before I would consider moving him, but I'm starting to think he might be the guy that could get an impact return that I'd be willing to move.  Now why would I be willing to move him? Quite simply because I would have no issue with an infield of Mayo at 3B and Westburg at 2B. Now, before people overreact here and say I'm down on Holliday, I'm not. I still think he's going to end up a very high OBP hitter with some pop and would look very good on top of this lineup one day. At no point do you give him away and he's certainly not traded for just a rental for this year, but I would listen.     
    • I agree this is the most questionable part of the Elias MO. Although it is hard to dispute results so far, unless you've already jumped ship following 5 losses.  Personally (as an armchair GM) I would have sold high on Hays, Mullins, Urias, to net some young arms. Borderline Santander and Mountcastle too (though their peak might be now vs. last year). Maybe even Cano after last year! But this is not only hindsight, it also overlooks whatever value chemistry, veteranosity, seniority, continuity, risk mgt., etc. hold in the mysteries of the Sigbot.
    • Good point....have an embarrassment of riches in their system. It really is a testament to their scouting and development that they regularly have guys to "give away" when they want a supporting player to help their bench of all things.  So, then, Mateo as the headliner is not as farfetched as it seems for the right team and Dodgers could be the right team for him as well.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now