I think the Yankees will destroy Oriole pitching this week...

The Yankees offense is certainly good and Soto and Judge are scary, but so much of their success so far has been predicated on walking.

They’re near the bottom third in terms of x wOBACON. As you would guess, Soto, Judge, and Stanton all rate well in that stat but their other starters (Volpe, Rizzo, Verdugo, Cabrera, Torres, Trevino) are below average, with only the former two even close. Easier said than done because they don’t chase much, but there’s a number of guys that you should hammer the zone against and force them to swing the bat. 

Edited by LGOrioles

8 hours ago, vab said:

A hot team is who you want coming in because they're due too cool off. It's the cold teams I'm scared of. 

This is like saying the batter who is 0 for his last 20 is "due" for a hit. It's not quite how it works.

It’s scary when Soto and Judge come around, and I’m glad Coulombe wrapped things up before the lineup turned to them.  Nobody else in that lineup fazes me in the slightest these days.  

I always appreciate a good Roy reverse jinx thread. I just don’t think we need it this year. We’re the Braves of the AL. Sure, we’re going to lose 60 games. Those games are going to suck. But we were -130 ML betting favorites today. We’re +105 tomorrow. So slight dogs. It’s probably only the 2nd or 3rd time that we’ve been dogs all season. Bark bark. 

I appreciate the reverse jinx thing and Roy does it well. But one of the things that annoys many of us about the Yankees is that they expect to win. There was a time when that’s how it was for us. Personally, I’d rather have that back. 

The Yankees pitch pretty well and if they stay healthy they will be tough. But tonight we got some breaks and we did lots well. Grayson wasn’t masterful but he did the job. Perez, Cano and Coulombe were sharp enough.  The O’s played good defense and Gunnar became the Youngest player in MLB history to hit 10 HRs before May 1st. 

But most of all I sat in 3rd base Box seats with a lot of folks who expected the Yankees to win and I enjoyed the heck out of it. My favorite play was Santander and Gunnar forcing out Stanton at second on a single to right. 

Reverse away Roy.  But the time is coming when we should expect this. And tonight felt good. Ain’t the beer cold!!!

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Reverse away Roy.  But the time is coming when we should expect this. And tonight felt good. Ain’t the beer cold!!!

The time isn't coming, the time is here.  As sportsfan mentioned, this is a good team whether fans want to admit it or not.  But 30 of mostly terrible baseball does a number to a fan base. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

IF he was just a Joe blow poster he would have been banned years ago. 

"Mr. Firestone, your insistence on excessive ellipses is egregious.  To the stockade with you!!!"