I think the Yankees will destroy Oriole pitching this week...

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Back in 1993, I used to come home from middle school, flop on the couch and watch some TV.  If you'd have asked me back then, I would have probably told you that the guy who hosted Up Close on ESPN was a really upbeat, positive guy.

Sheesh.  

He’s being positive.  He’s a closet Yankee fan.   Why not just come out?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Back in 1993, I used to come home from middle school, flop on the couch and watch some TV.  If you'd have asked me back then, I would have probably told you that the guy who hosted Up Close on ESPN was a really upbeat, positive guy.

Sheesh.  

I would submit that you dont know me at all. I am an extremely upbeat, positive person. Anyone who knows me will tell you that...My baseball team is my obsession and I do worry and think they're in trouble with poor pitching. Thats all. But please dont make any assumptions of the kind of person I am based on anything here. Or if you want to, youre assuming something that isn't remotely true.

3 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

The O's are 0-2 in games McKenna has played in since he was brought back up. Don't play him and the O's will be fine!!!

I still dont get the McKenna love. We have better players in the minors than  he is...and certainly more dangerous hitters...

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He’s being positive.  He’s a closet Yankee fan.   Why not just come out?

Anyone on this board who has been here for 10 years knows I coined the phrase "MFY" in referencing the Yankees. I hate the Yankees more than anything in sports.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Been waiting all morning for the @Roy Firestone negativity post (so I didn't have to do one lol).

Bottom line in this series, if the Orioles SP pitch 7+ innings we have a great shot of taking 3/4. If they don't we are screwed with as burnt out as this BP is right now.

I am hoping for re-enforcements as soon as today when Kimbrel goes on the IL. Probably Vespi. Then later this week, activate Bradish and DFA Ramírez.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I would submit that you dont know me at all. I am an extremely upbeat, positive person. Anyone who knows me will tell you that...My baseball team is my obsession and I do worry and think they're in trouble with poor pitching. Thats all. But please dont make any assumptions of the kind of person I am based on anything here. Or if you want to, youre assuming something that isn't remotely true.

Fair, and that was also giving you a bit of a hard time.  I know you're an upbeat, positive person but I'm wondering why you're having a hard time being a somewhat upbeat, positive person when it comes to a team that won 101 games last year and is having a good start to this season.  

You've watched a lot of baseball, you've seen a lot over the years.  You know as well as anyone here that the season is a marathon, not a sprint and we're very early on.  Too early to tell if this team is really in trouble or not.  

Not telling you not to worry because I think all of us are a worried to varying degrees, but man...it's hard to read an opening post like that when we've got G-Rod on the hill tonight and an offense that's hitting the ball harder than anyone else in the majors right now.  There's a lot of reasons to be upbeat when it comes to your baseball team.

Quite frankly, I don't care how they win against the Yankees, just as long as they win.  If that means some 12-10, 11-9 games, fine.  I just hope they at least split this series and I think they can.  If they somehow take 3 games, that'd be huge.

23 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Anyone on this board who has been here for 10 years knows I coined the phrase "MFY" in referencing the Yankees. I hate the Yankees more than anything in sports.

I’ve been here for 20.   Are you sure you weren’t put in as the bat boy for the Orioles by Ralph Houk to spy on the team?      😄

Ever see Stalag 17?    The Peter Graves character.  Clever.

Brother Roy is the voice of reason.  Did anyone see what the A's did to us? Our bullpen just flat sucks. We have a very good lineup but so do they. I see an ugly series. When we get our pitching gets back healthy then we can make a deep run.