Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

50 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Nothing like fearing a guy is potentially out for the season, to coming back a week later and having a start like that.

Stud. 

At any point, his season could be done. We all know that and I get why people were worried.

That said, nothing that happened his last start or anything coming from the team leading up this start should have caused the overreaction it did. They were clear they wanted to give him more rest and now he slates Atl and then the Yankees and he will get an extra day for the Yankees as well.

So not only did he get extra rest this time around, he will get it vs NY as well, which was probably part of the plan too.

• Thanks 2

Tyler Wells and Alek Manoah and John Means and Cristian Javier and Jose Urquidy is a good sized meal for one month for the injury gods.

Juan Soto here I guess would be to delicious-est imaginable thing on the dessert cart.    I hope they are full.

Yesterday leapfrogged Bradish past Skubal on the Last 1 Calendar Year ERA leaderboard - Bradish now 2.28 in 150 innings (and that TEX playoff gem).

He's the only 30 IP MLB SP at zero HR yielded on the season.

2021 Corbin Burnes, just 2 of 28 starts on 4 Days rest, is the Venus de Milo of what a good pitching lab and rest science can help get out of a ~$500k college starter.

The juicy bits are if Kyle Bradish and Grayson Rodriguez's takes are more appreciation or frustration.    It'll be a helpful proof of concept if they can blow away a much leaned on Luis Gil later this season.

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Grayson says hello. 

Grayson has ace stuff. But lacks ace consistency and command.

He has some more development/maturity to go in order to be considered an ace. But he most certainly has the potential.

6 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Grayson says hello. 

Let's see. The way he's pitching today with that easy gas, which I haven't really seen this season, makes me feel like that's more likely to be true. Up until today he hasn't pitched like an ace...3.48 FIP and 113 ERA+ isn't ace level. 

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pulled after 5 innings.  You could tell something was bothering him.  FB was 99 in the first inning, 93-94 by the 5th.  Shook his arm a few times after pitches.  Threw two pitches to the backstop.  

That 99 honestly concerned me a little right away because it was so much higher than his usual. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 1