Has a relief pitcher ever won a Gold Glove?

Frobby

9 hours ago, StottyByNature said:

He is an excellent athlete, really fun to watch him field the position.  In particular Cano has a great first step that is aided by him finishing his delivery ready to field.  That was an impressive play all around.

And capped off with a “Jim Palmer underwear model” pose!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, StottyByNature said:

He is an excellent athlete, really fun to watch him field the position.  In particular Cano has a great first step that is aided by him finishing his delivery ready to field.  That was an impressive play all around.

His delivery ending position is perfect for handling fielding or stare-downs, whichever may come.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Well, that sucks.  And these days, it eliminates all but about 75 pitchers in MLB from consideration.   Kind of dumb in this day and age IMO.

Corbin Burnes is eligible.   Oh wait ..........

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Think I may take a nap till the 29th. Wake and see where we are. Watching this team try to hit is like watching paint dry. I see darn few competitive at bats. I think they all caught whatever Mullins had at the beginning of the year. And Adley, looks like a guy with severe jock itch trying to hit. I like Cowser but IMO if he wins ROY, it's a testament to the lackluster rookie class and not his overall play. These guys can't be this bad - this tired? Oh crap - I just looked at our starters for the series. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😄
    • Nice accomplishment by Aberdeen.   I did notice that Delmarva had 3 SB the other night but was caught 5 times.    I’ve never noticed 5 CS at either the ML level or the minor league level.  I just know it’s a lot.  
    • Heston looked solid at Aberdeen yesterday.  Two solid hits and then a walk.  They removed him from the game again after 3 PA.   As the Ironbirds are now finished for the year I presume he will get bumped up to Bowie or Norfolk.
    • The other thing they are missing is Burnes...where is the "Ace"?   His sudden mediocrity and inability to keep runners off base and control the run game have been dissapointing and sure to be exploited the rest of the way. This scares me more than anything else.  
    • I went to the game with my son yesterday.  Honeycutt had a spectacular leaping grab near the CF wall and made solid contact as noted above for 2 singles.  Looked like an exciting player to watch.   Hopefully a sign of things to come; i imagine he will be right back there to start 2025.
    • Adley got hit on the right hand June 27th, missed a game on June 28th with swelling in the hand, and hasn’t been the same since.  Even during those last 188 ABs, he’s got 27 walks to 28 K’s, so it’s not like he’s not seeing the ball or overmatched, his power and hard contact has just been complete sapped. And then I think the back issues came on top of all that. I don’t think he’s lost the ability to be a really good hitter… I’m just not convinced he’ll be right again this year. It’s not proven we can win consistently without “good Adley” either. As he went south, so did the team. 
  • Popular Contributors