Another Positive Indicator for the Orioles Season to Date

25 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Believe it or not, the ghost runner is counter-intuitively more beneficial for the away team.

Prior to the rule-flip, win expectancy percentage-wise, the home team benefited from a slightly weighted coin flip, about 52-48.  Under the ghost runner, it's been close to the same 52-48 weighted coin flip, but it has favored the away team instead. 

Excellent info and thanks for posting the source.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, thegardner said:

Yes, luck is a factor, but I think, especially in some of the O's late comeback wins earlier in the season, competitive grittiness -  just wanting it more makes a difference.  This team does not quit and does not give up.

So you think the Os try harder than other teams?  How are you measuring that?  What evidence do you have of that?  

Are the Nats trying harder tonight?

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So you think the Os try harder than other teams?  How are you measuring that?  What evidence do you have of that?  

Are the Nats trying harder tonight?

I do think the O’s have shown above average resilience the last two years, i.e., ability to not get down when the other team grabs a lead in some potentially demoralizing way.  But they’re also a very good team so that could just be the law of averages playing out.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I do think the O’s have shown above average resilience the last two years, i.e., ability to not get down when the other team grabs a lead in some potentially demoralizing way.  But they’re also a very good team so that could just be the law of averages playing out.  

I think they are a close knit team with great chemistry and great talent and that usually wins a lot of games.

I don’t think they are trying harder than other teams(except those teams that have phoned it in for the season…you will see that at times).

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think they are a close knit team with great chemistry and great talent and that usually wins a lot of games.

I don’t think they are trying harder than other teams(except those teams that have phoned it in for the season…you will see that at times).

I’m not saying they are trying harder.  But they have a good ability to stay focused following adversity.   For example, last year the bullpen blew 31 saves, but only 15 losses resulted because the offense was able to retake the lead so often.  That’s not easy to do.