5/8 vs. Nats

Just now, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Also, this “sweep” would break our sweepless record they just alluded to? That’s kinda lame. 

I believe so but just goes to show how impressive the streak is.

Seems the Nats are not that suck team they have been.  Oh well.  I love beating these guys.  Hate them most just after the Red Sox and the Yankees.  MLB shoving the Nats up our behind really set back the Orioles.  We lost at least a third of our fanbase.  They just took it away.  I like beating them.

Just now, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Some really lazy looking swings from Mullins. Obviously not seeing the ball. It’s like he’s just waving his bat through the zone.

He's been absolutely lost versus LHP recently.  Hopefully he can figure it out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That joke was probably in a lot of people’s heads but those people decided not to go there.  We’ll give you a mulligan. P.S. Not for nothing but if I’m walking up behind a teammate with a bat in his hand I’m making enough noise until he looks and sees me there.
    • Guys like Bradfield and Beavers aren't as valuable as Ortiz was last year. Right now we have 3 prospects rated at or better (and they are all better) than Ortiz last year: Mayo, Basallo, and Kjerstad. Can we afford to deal one of those three for another rental TOR this off-season?   As of today, I wouldn't feel great about that.
    • I don't think those guys are going to get you anything near TOR. I don't think we can afford to annually give up a couple top 100 prospects for a rental TOR- at least not yet. Plenty were willing to part w Cowser last year, but how would we feel about our OF situation this year, and going forward, without Cowser in the mix?
    • Idiots looking for attention on social media are claiming Mullins did it on purpose.  Where are we at in society?  Also, @Roy Firestone attempt at a joke just now is pathetic. Hoping for the best for Jorge - if it is a concussion, they are never fun (I've had way too many).  Also, hope Cedric is able to move past this freak accident and focus on getting his hitting going.  We need him.
    • That on deck swing that Mullins hit Mateo with... was probably Mullins best contact with a bat  on the day.
    • I think the Ubaldo Jimenez contract is still the largest the O's have ever given out to a free agent starter.   Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend big on an elite free agent starter than on elite position players.   Of course they have to be cautious in how and who they identify as elite, but I think they should bid for Burnes, and not just a token bid -- a real bid.    
  • Popular Contributors