The Blue Jays Series

I think McCann has a good chance of catching tonight because SSS alert, he hits Berrios really well.

Mullins and O'Hearn also do well in a small sample size against him. Maybe a good night to get Adley a complete day off?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mountcastle is happy 

I feel like he does most of his damage in Toronto. He always talks about how great the batters eye is there. His OPS at Rogers Center is 1.046 for his career.

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, nothing warms my heart more than seeing Fraudimir Guerrero Jr dragging his .750 OPS that he’s struggled for and his video games he can’t sell into this series. 

Now he'll hit 4 HR's and I'll curse you from my island paradise.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Jays always seem to perform worse than their talent level. They make me kind of nervous cause they should be better than they are, but the only thing they’re consistent at is underperforming. 

Their manager is a pinecone. 

This.  If the Blue Jays ever got a good manager, they’d be dangerous.   Schneider is a clown and so were Montoyo and Gibbons.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

This.  If the Blue Jays ever got a good manager, they’d be dangerous.   Schneider is a clown and so were Montoyo and Gibbons.  

I'll always have fond memories of Gibbons waddling to the mound with a look of disgust on his face when he went to pull a pitcher.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bichette and Vlad Jr sort of screwed themselves because Toronto would have been happy to lock them up for a long time.  Now they're both probably looking at some Bellinger type deals.  I know, your heart bleeds for them.

They could (and should) easily trade Bichette. They would get a great return for him as everyone wants a SS and despite his slow start, the kid can really hit.

36 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I think McCann has a good chance of catching tonight because SSS alert, he hits Berrios really well.

Mullins and O'Hearn also do well in a small sample size against him. Maybe a good night to get Adley a complete day off?

Maybe. He did catch yesterday though. I could see him catch Wednesday. I do think Adley could use a day off here and there. 

If Hays is back could start one of Mullins/Cowser Wednesday and give Adley day off with no game Thursday. 

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I would love to see someone invent a WAR for managers. Gibbons would have to be one of the absolute worst. 

47 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Jays always seem to perform worse than their talent level. They make me kind of nervous cause they should be better than they are, but the only thing they’re consistent at is underperforming. 

Their manager is a pinecone. 

One of the worst in the game, along with their GM. 

Should be interesting tonight:

Berrios career vs O's:

I Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO9 SO/W
  Baltimore Orioles 10 1 .909 2.98 14 14 0 1 1 0 90.2 82 34 30 15 17 0 76 6 0 2 372 1.092 7.5 4.47

Was 10-0, now 10-1.... Looking like 10-2 by 9PM tonight.

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Adley’s 10-16 against him though. I think we just let McCann catch the day game Wednesday against the lefty but we will see.

4 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Adley’s 10-16 against him though. I think we just let McCann catch the day game Wednesday against the lefty but we will see.

True. Adley has played in 38 of the teams 39 games so far. I know DH is a partial day off, but hopefully they can manage him a little better and keep his legs fresh for the second half.

• Like 1