Hays and Santander -- nicked up?

SteveA

21 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Let Mayo DH and O’Hearn play RF. Let’s be honest here… O’Hearn is a better RF than Kjerstad. Now is a good time to get Mayo up and just let the dude DH. 

Wow, is this your way of saying Kjerstad shouldn't play the outfield?  Whenever I see O'Hearn in the outfield, I think what are Hyde/the O's doing?

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Whose brilliant idea was it to bring back a guy who started out 2-27 while he was still hurt?

The O's hitters and the O's management seem to be in a MJ self induced haze right now.

No one is hitting, of those that are actually playing, and the O's brass is doing none of their players any favors with how they are 'managing' them.

The only thing I really liked today was moving JW to leadoff and GH to cleanup.  Give that a few weeks.

But there is no way Mullins, Hayes, Urias, and I could name 3 others.....should be playing right now.  They are auto outs and just killing the team.

Bring back up Heston.  Let him play for 25 of the next 30 games.   Bring up Mayo.  Get him in the lineup almost every day at various positions.  Let Stowers play. 

As the S Koreans like to day.....it doesn't matter.  There is no way shape or form that guys like Hayes, Mullins, and the other vets are going to win you a WS. 

Play the young guys now while still winning and by Sept they may have a true WS contender.

26 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Whose brilliant idea was it to bring back a guy who started out 2-27 while he was still hurt?

Sounds like he aggravated the calf since he came back.  Had a big double today, so that was encouraging.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Not if they are all striking out 3 times a game.

Then again, a game with all three of them homering would be sweet!

(Bonus question: which outcome is more likely?)

Contract year for Santa. I don’t think he’s hitting the IL for anything. Hopefully, Hays can play in the Seattle series.

Kjerstad homered on his first pitch back in AAA. 

Hicks is still out there. I know everyone hates his guts but he can SH and he works counts. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Contract year for Santa. I don’t think he’s hitting the IL for anything. Hopefully, Hays can play in the Seattle series.

Hicks is still out there. I know everyone hates his guts but he can SH and he works counts. 

I don’t hate Hicks at all but I think we squeezed the last drop of blood out of that stone.  When we faced him earlier this year (0 for 8, 6 strikeouts) his bat looked slower than molasses.  I don’t think we should bank on a second resuscitation.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yesterday you said O'Hearn is a better outfielder than Kjerstad. 

Now you're advocating for Hicks? 

Nope nope nope!

• Haha 1