Felix Bautista 2024 (Monitoring his injury rehab)

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The ALCS is scheduled for 10/14.  Could Bautista be on that roster if we make it?  

I guess anything is possible but bringing back a high leverage RP in the ALCS after not pitching in over a year seems a little dicey. 

• Upvote 2

How does it work with him being on IL, as far as being on roster before the Sept 01 cutoff? Like say they did think he could be back, is he safe on the IL until he is taken off even in September?

Just now, G54377 said:

How does it work with him being on IL, as far as being on roster before the Sept 01 cutoff? Like say they did think he could be back, is he safe on the IL until he is taken off even in September?

I believe the rules are pretty lax on adding people. Existing IL stints are one exception to being on the roster by 9/1. Also injuries to your current roster are another exception I think.

Either way, I find it hard to believe Bautista will be available for the playoffs, but crazier things have happened I guess.

6 minutes ago, G54377 said:

You just have to be on 40 man or the 60 day il.  

How many rehab game appearances does a reliever really need?  5?  If he's already going to be throwing off of a mound for his typical rehab, then maybe they let that happen and see what happens.  Keep in mind, they're going to say he's officially out until he's not.  Why start the expectations?  

The biggest thing will be when does he start throwing off of the mound?  

People need to give up this dream. It’s been very clearly stated, if I recall, that Felix is not coming back this year. They are not going to risk this dude by pitching him in the playoffs after he hasn’t pitched all year. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

I guess anything is possible but bringing back a high leverage RP in the ALCS after not pitching in over a year seems a little dicey. 

Especially in Felix’s case. I don’t think his injury was an accident per say.

when you go back and watch the outing where he injured it you can see he’s trying to throw 120mph. He’s and easy 100MPH guy when he’s not overthrowing. 

id bring him back next spring. 

48 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

People need to give up this dream. It’s been very clearly stated, if I recall, that Felix is not coming back this year. They are not going to risk this dude by pitching him in the playoffs after he hasn’t pitched all year. 

Yeah, Mike Elias himself has already said Felix is not pitching this year.

Edited by O's84

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I wish MLB didn't make you declare your roster.

I mean how awesome would it be in the playoffs.  The lights go out.  The whistle plays.

Jim Ross as a guest announcer.  "BY GOD!  THAT FELIX BAUTISTA'S MUSIC!!!"

IMG_9825.gif.256385b8dcd29ef445da448ea38e8a32.gif

16 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

How much non-throwing training is he able to do?  I'm assuming he can do full cardio work.  Can he lift weights?  I'm not sure what restrictions and the timeline these guys have during recovery?

He’s on a throwing program…we see YouTube clips of him.