Why does it so often appear that Oriole hitters do nothing for 5-6 innings?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Roy Firestone reverse jinx versus the Orioles lineup struggling against a junk baller pitcher the eternal struggle.

As always I laugh at myself with this stuff because I know how ridiculous my "caring" is....and yet, tonight, once again, another struggle with a pitcher who hasn't been that good lately...For God's sake we had only 1 run  in 2 hits into the 6th inning and we lost Bradish to the rain delay and now have to try and find a way to win at least one game on Wednesday, and quite frankly, we will struggle again tomorrow..because so many of our players are just slumping..Mountcastle, Mullins, Santander, a third of the lineup...we cant move runners, we strike out a lot with RISP, and we just cant find a groove with our hitters..I hope we can win a game tomorrow...its so frustrating to watch knowing how much better our hitters are than theirs..

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Name the crappy SP that we have faced this year?

This.  The Orioles aren’t sneaking up on anyone’s. We are getting the best of the best and beating us is a notch in other teams belts.  We have had very good pitching down at us without even a small break all year.  Welcome to the new normal. 

19 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm aware that vs. the Mariners, the Oriole bats were alive and effective in the early part of the game, and both games were wins. But mostly, it seems this team is slow to light their fuse even against some mediocre pitchers. Sonny Gray is a good pitcher, but he had been hit hard in 2 previous outings. The Orioles could barely get a ball out of the infield, until two errors in a row opened the gate  in the 6th...for Gunnar to hit a 3-run HR.Also, it always seems that errors open the opportunities and the Orioles really wake up when the errors help out(Im sure many teams are like that). But I've noticed an impatience, an inability to get on base or even work the count...until its late in the game.And dont get me started on the subject of moving runners, or getting a Sac fly with a runner at third.I knew the Orioles were somewhere around 16th in baseball in first inning runs...but it seems like USUALLY early runs arent plentiful for this team. Mostly, it seems we're often playing catch up or in some sort of hole. Maybe FROBBY will prove me wrong. He usually does.

Probably because baseball. What, did you expect that every inning is a microcosm of each player's career numbers?

13 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Lance Lynn sucks.  He threw plenty of fat pitches last night.  The O's just couldn't hit them.  It's baseball, it happens.  

Yeah it's pretty annoying man. We've been bailing out a lot of pitchers swinging at garbage and missing meatballs.