Thursday, May 23: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Yeah I mean he may be injured right now… but that’s about prediction of injury based on release point or something?  I had heard that change in release point over the course of innings pitched predicted injury.

The dude calls it the inverted w, basically he got drivelined….strider, the latest version of verlander, most  any of the latest pitchers that are going to have TJ. When their front foot lands the ball is pointed down in their hand  =‘s a late arm according to the Twitter guy. He has a good track record of predicting injuries. 

Edited by gallden

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Well, he did. As futile as our offense is, our pitching has ranged from decent to excellent. "You can't win if you can't score."

If anything I would have guessed the pitching would have been a bit of a letdown and the offense was going to be great. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

his fastball command pre-demotion was awful and he was -11 in fastball run value before his demotion.  After he was recalled it was +2.

Right, it's +1 this year. For a guy billed as being a dominant fastball pitcher, it's not very good.

Just now, gallden said:

The dude calls it the inverted w, basically he got drivelined….strider, the latest version of verlander, basically any of the latest pitchers that are going to have TJ. When their front foot lands the ball is pointed down in their hand  =‘s a late arm according to the Twitter guy. He has a good track record of predicting injuries. 

Hey you see that pitcher there?

I bet he gets hurt.

I'm good at predicting injuries too.

Just now, gallden said:

The dude calls it the inverted w, basically he got drivelined….strider, the latest version of verlander, basically any of the latest pitchers that are going to have TJ. When their front foot lands the ball is pointed down in their hand  =‘s a late arm according to the Twitter guy. He has a good track record of predicting injuries. 

Fascinating.  Is that predictive across velocities?  Seems to me that the biggest predictor of pitching injuries is just that you throw the ball way too hard for the human body.

• Upvote 1