Maddening, frustrating, aggravating ...until it isn't.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm just saying people will disregard your posts. 

Oh! So I don’t get to sit at the cheerleaders/jock table? That’s fine. We always laughed at you all anyway from the nerd table.

Posted (edited)

Anyway. Hope the Orioles win today. I’m excited about their new prospects and if they succeed, it will reassure me that our rebuilding program is truly succeeding. I have my doubts like most normal people.

there is not enough conclusive evidence from just a two year trial and this season isn’t even half over. Other people have pointed out cracks in the wall and I worry about them too.

Edited by Phil Beckett

@Roy Firestone is speaking my love language.

Why can't this team just jump all over inferior opponents like the Skanks and Phillies do? I get that these inferior teams sometimes have good starters, but their crappy record is crappy for a reason. Contrary to most, I still think this team's biggest issue is the inconsistent offense and the reliance too much on the HR. That maybe nets you 90+ wins in the regular season but it will not work in the playoffs. Its also infuriating that they seem to not make any in game adjustments. Then there is Hyde's weird obsession w/ veterans instead of letting guys like Stowers get more playing time.

I won't stop watching/following though. Been a fan for almost 50 years. Not gonna stop now.

And as for the negativity in game threads, it's part of being a fan and letting off some steam. This is one of the few places I can do that.. no offense taken if folks want to mute me. I don't see it anyway.

1 hour ago, dtk9119 said:

Why can't this team just jump all over inferior opponents like the Skanks and Phillies do? I get that these inferior teams sometimes have good starters, but their crappy record is crappy for a reason. Contrary to most, I still think this team's biggest issue is the inconsistent offense and the reliance too much on the HR. That maybe nets you 90+ wins in the regular season but it will not work in the playoffs. Its also infuriating that they seem to not make any in game adjustments. Then there is Hyde's weird obsession w/ veterans instead of letting guys like Stowers get more playing time.

I won't stop watching/following though. Been a fan for almost 50 years. Not gonna stop now.

And as for the negativity in game threads, it's part of being a fan and letting off some steam. This is one of the few places I can do that.. no offense taken if folks want to mute me. I don't see it anyway.

WOW. That comment is almost word for word in how I feel...only, Ive been a fan for 65 years.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, they would probably prescribe Roy an anti-depressant when that's the last thing he needs. 

I get that its just some funny comments and I join you in needling myself too...but FWIW, I'm a very, very happy, grateful, almost giddy and blessed person and anyone who knows me knows that...it's just this obsession with the orange and black that gets me in this place. But I can have a major sense off humor about it...just dont ask me to be light and funny after we blow a game in the 9th...I'm just not an "Oh, well, there's a game tomorrow"...guy...I need to be pissed and put it somewhere.

2 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

I believe that there is some evidence for the idea that an offense that scores runs via the HR is more likely to succeed in the playoffs.  

3 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I believe that there is some evidence for the idea that an offense that scores runs via the HR is more likely to succeed in the playoffs.  

Scoring runs by HR is better than a team that doesn't hit HR but has to manufacture them.  I remember reading a study on it.  There are going to be instances in the playoffs just like the regular season where there won't be any HR in a game and team needs to manufacture a run or two.

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Scoring runs by HR is better than a team that doesn't hit HR but has to manufacture them.  I remember reading a study on it.  There are going to be instances in the playoffs just like the regular season where there won't be any HR in a game and team needs to manufacture a run or two.

"Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? I just wanna win a game"-Jim Mora 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, they would probably prescribe Roy an anti-depressant when that's the last thing he needs. 

No Xanax doesn’t work like that. Is useful for shutting the mind down to help you sleep. It doesn’t do much for keeping your emotions in check during high anxiety periods unless you are over meditating.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

No Xanax doesn’t work like that. Is useful for shutting the mind down to help you sleep. It doesn’t do much for keeping your emotions in check during high anxiety periods unless you are over meditating.

Yeah, it does.  I have been on Xanax in the past.  It's mostly used for panic attacks and not anxiety now.