Monday afternoon May 27, 2024 - Os vs RedSox

justD

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Right and how has he mishandled Adley, Gunnar, Westy and Cowser? Just because he didn't bring them up fast enough? Look at what happened with Holliday.

There are some posters @Brooks The Great and @oriolediehard that just jump on ANYTHING that doesn’t go 100% well with Mike Elias.  I guess they are trying to get under everyone’s skin and it works. Still pisses me off.

2 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Gunnar and Adley were handled appropriately, Cowser and Westburg were absolutely not. Both Cowser and Westburg were platooned and weren't given a fair shot to play every day, which hurt their development and prevented the team from optimizing the lineup for the playoffs. 

Joey Ortiz was badly mishandled as well, and what he's shown in Milwaukee is a reflection of that.

So you would fire Mike Elias?  

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Do we think Vierra will pitch for us again?

I think I might rather see Chris Davis pitching against the Red Sox next time the Orioles have an 11-run lead.

They're still paying him, aren't they?

Just now, accinfo said:

There are some posters @Brooks The Great and @oriolediehard that just jump on ANYTHING that doesn’t go 100% well with Mike Elias.  I guess they are trying to get under everyone’s skin and it works. Still pisses me off.

There is a delicate balance of breaking in rookies on a 100-win team. Brooks the Great would certainly be a better choice to do that than Hyde. He's got it all figured out.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I have no idea how to pronounce Thyago Vieira, but something tells me I won't need to learn.

It's pronounced "pitched for us for fifteen minutes so that Elias could pick up another 19 year old pitcher in the trade."  I know it doesn't look like it's spelled anything like that, so it's really tricky. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

I want a guy with an arm like this.

I saw that, heck of a throw. Unfortunately he is a .700 hitter in Japan. 

If Rubenstein wants to make a big splash he would sign this Roki kid. Supposedly better than Yama and only 2020.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I saw that, heck of a throw. Unfortunately he is a .700 hitter in Japan. 

If Rubenstein wants to make a big splash he would sign this Roki kid. Supposedly better than Yama and only 2020.

EDIT 22 not 2020 lol

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

EDIT 22 not 2020 lol

Yeah, I was more interested in a guy with a hose like that. I mean the title said laser beam and it still shocked me. 

Edited by Malike