The 2024 Trade Deadline

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wagner and one of those ML OFers aren’t stopping you from getting anyone.

Kjerstad for Eovaldi is horrendous.

Well, right now out '25 rotation projects to be: Grayson, Kremer, Irvin, Povich, Suarez

Next year's rotation is going to entirely depend on what we are willing to spend. This offseason will probably give our first real glimpse into that.

Sure, we may not spend the money for Burnes. But there's other FA's out there that we could pay for, even if it's just a one year deal. Max Fried, Max Scherzer, Charlie Morton, Jose Quintana, Walker Buehler, Sean Manaea are other options.

37 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Cal Quantrill (29) of the Rockies would be an interesting target for the rotation.  He has 1 1/2 years of control remaining and wouldn't cost a ton.

Greg , just looked at his pitching stats. Stats looks good and he pitches in Coors Field. ?  That’s impressive 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Well, right now out '25 rotation projects to be: Grayson, Kremer, Irvin, Povich, Suarez

First of all, I don’t think that’s true.

Secondly, if you go by the “right now” logic, that would still be the projected rotation if we traded for Eovaldi.

9 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I still like the idea of Harrison Bader, I know he's not a world-beater but he's hitting better than Mullins and can even platoon with him R/L.

He’s the type of guy I expect them to get.  Bader makes sense if they are truly looking for a RH OFer and/or CFer.