The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

At least it’s glaringly obvious they still need another back end reliever, if it wasn’t already. 

Kimbrel really likes struggling in bunches And then he’s great again.  Been a pattern 3 years in a row now.

On 7/10/2024 at 10:57 AM, wildcard said:

Elias said that Tampa would not trade Glasnow to the O's or anyone in the Division.    He seemed to say that is the norm in the AL EAST.  Call it stupid if you want but that is what Elias is dealing with.

So much for that myth.  

bold take

Now is the time to go and get Mike Trout. We are barren on offense at the moment, and we really need a RH thumper. Have them add Estevez. Take on salary. Give them a bunch of 45 and 40 prospects. I think this trade can be made without one of the big 4.

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

bold take

Now is the time to go and get Mike Trout. We are barren on offense at the moment, and we really need a RH thumper. Have them add Estevez. Take on salary. Give them a bunch of 45 and 40 prospects. I think this trade can be made without one of the big 4.

Think he hurt himself again rehabbing I don’t know if there is a time table on when or if he gets back this year 

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

bold take

Trout was rehabbing and then had pain in his knee.  His MRI came back clean.  I don't think this guy will ever make it thru a season again without a major IL stint.  Not interested unless the Angels pick up a bunch of his salary, which I'm sure a bunch of teams will be willing to do.  One of the greatest starts to a career, but derailed by injuries.

7 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

bold take

Might want to change one of the big 4 to the big 40.

Edited by KojiSplit

Also Snell intrigues me. Perhaps they can do a PTBNL in the trade that will depend on whether Snell exercises his option or not.

It's a lot of money to take on when his numbers are currently mid. Maybe something like Stowers, Povich, Creed Williams, and a PTBNL

Depending on performance, whether he exercises option, and the finances they agree to cover they will have a list of player to choose from that range from Enrique Bradfield to and DSL flier

6 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Also Snell intrigues me. Perhaps they can do a PTBNL in the trade that will depend on whether Snell exercises his option or not.

It's a lot of money to take on when his numbers are currently mid. Maybe something like Stowers, Povich, Creed Williams, and a PTBNL

Depending on performance, whether he exercises option, and the finances they agree to cover they will have a list of player to choose from that range from Enrique Bradfield to and DSL flier

His numbers are "mid" because he came back too early from an injury. He knew it. He called the team out on it. He went back on the IL. Look at his last few starts only. Those tell the real picture. I'd take Snell in an instant. Especially if the package is similar to Eflins.

45 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

At least it’s glaringly obvious they still need another back end reliever, if it wasn’t already. 

Tanner Scott is still out there, and so is Kyle Finnegan.  They need a closer.   Kimbrel won't be this bad the rest of the season but there's too much of a risk that he'll go into one of his slumps during the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1