Coby Mayo coming back sooner than expected.

14 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have my sources...hes in much better health than they anticipated.

Good to hear. Hopefully he gets his chance soon, though that will likely mean somebody on the ML roster gets injured 

Meanwhile, Urias has played well of late.  0.4 rWAR, 0.3 fWAR the last 27 games.  So the urgency to call up Mayo has lessened the last two weeks since his injury.  

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have my sources...hes in much better health than they anticipated.

I heard he was “days at most” away from the call before it happened.  Bad timing :(   

Nice RF.

When I first heard 4-6 weeks for a fractured rib I was surprised as usually that can be a pretty quick healing "bone"/injury.

So this news doesn't surprise me at all.   All about blood flow to the affected area and that area gets a lot of blood flow.

Eric_Birdland

@Eric_Birdland

·

4h

UPDATE Injured #orioles 3B prospect Coby Mayo has been running in Sarasota() and will increase activities to throwing/swinging. Once imaging shows healing he’ll return to AAA quickly #health #futurestar

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Looking forward to more scoops by O's insider, Roy Firestone.  See if you can get an invite to the next draft day room.

its not my thing...Coby and his family I've known since high school...As you probably know, he survived the Stonemason Douglas mass shooting on Valentines Day 6 years ago...his girl friends's best friend was murdered. Coby had to hide in a storage closet for 6 hours before he was safe. That horror alone, made me want to root for him..and I still do.

• Upvote 2