O's need a loonng start from Irvin today!

wildcard

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hyde used 5 relievers two days in a row.     Cano, Webb and Perez were used in back to back days.  So Hyde probably will not use them today.    That leaves Coulombe, Akin, Tate, Kimbrel and Vieira.   But Hyde does not like to use Kimbrel or Tate in back to back games.  I am not saying he won't.   Just that he does not want to.

Vieira is a mop up guy and I would not be surprised to see him DFA'd in the near future to make room for someone who can throw strikes.    

So it's Irvin for 7 innings,  Akin in the 8th and Coulombe in the 9th.  All lefties.   Of course that is not the way it will happen.    

Kimbrel did not pitch yesterday.  He will pitch the 9th if needed.   Tate only threw 14 pitches after two days off, so I think he could see action today.  

• Upvote 1

You’ll see Vieira if 

1. Irvin doesn’t make it through 5

2. Irvin is out and we’re down by 3 runs or more

3. Irvin is out and we’re up by 4 runs or more

4. Extra innings and we run out of available pitchers

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Vespi  and Heasley have been optioned for 15 days unless there is an injury.

If Vieira throws a career high pitch count this afternoon in a blowout, how long is medically necessary to determine inflammation is bad enough to need an IL stint?

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os can’t have a zero in the pen right now. 

You either trust Veiria or he needs to go.

Although I totally agree with your comment, I’m taking the opportunity to say he should never have been here in the first place.

Since yesterday, Ive been dreading going into the 6th inning of todays game up 1-0, a tired Irvin walking the first guy, and nobody in the pen except Kimbrel and Vieira ( or however you spell it) and Hyde bringing in Vieira and watching him do many bad things.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Although I totally agree with your comment, I’m taking the opportunity to say he should never have been here in the first place.

Since yesterday, Ive been dreading going into the 6th inning of todays game up 1-0, a tired Irvin walking the first guy, and nobody in the pen except Kimbrel and Vieira ( or however you spell it) and Hyde bringing in Vieira and watching him do many bad things.

Just get Roy F. to post how many runs Vieira will give up today and I guarantee two shutout innings with 0 walks and 4 strikeouts.

• Haha 1

Roch just posted the starters for the Jays series: Rodriguez, Burnes, TBA, & TBA. 3rd game Wednesday would be normal rest for Povich, so I think there's a chance they'll be calling him up to start that game.

21 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Still think Vieira should go and they bring up Povich and use Suraez in teh pen

Povich got blasted yesterday.  He’s not going to be up that soon.  

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os can’t have a zero in the pen right now. 

You either trust Veiria or he needs to go.

That is why Elias should be on the phone with Jorge Lopez .  I rather have him than Vieira .

4 hours ago, ChipTait said:

It's going to be a lovely, overcast day in Baltimore.  Irvin for 8, Kimbrel for the save.  Old school.

youre dreaming...we haven't had an 8 inning stint from a pitcher in a long while, I think maybe Kremer gave us one...

• Upvote 1