Os/Rangers game moved to SNB

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

So they choose this game but they don't choose the Os-Phils this weekend.  That's odd.  The only explanation must be that the Yankees aren't playing that weekend or something LOL.

They've got the sacred Yankees/Red Sox rivalry this weekend.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They've got the sacred Yankees/Red Sox rivalry this weekend.

yeah I know, that was.....the entire point of my post.  Or at least of the joke, which admittedly wasn't all that funny.

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

So they choose this game but they don't choose the Os-Phils this weekend.  That's odd.  The only explanation must be that the Yankees aren't playing that weekend or something LOL.

The Yankees / Red Sox game was scheduled prior to the season. Other dates were left open.

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Would think the upcoming Yankees @ Orioles Sunday game would get moved if not for bad timing. MLB no longer has a Sunday night game before the All Star game. 

It already has been moved... to 11:30 AM to be part of the Sunday Roku TV package that started a couple weeks ago. 

Morning baseball.   

Just now, SteveA said:

It already has been moved... to 11:30 AM to be part of the Sunday Roku TV package that started a couple weeks ago. 

Morning baseball.   

My bad.  That’s right. 

Either way that had SNB written all over it. 

As an Orioles fan I would rather that they not play on Sunday night.  Plus I really do not like the announcing crew, other than Eduardo Perez.

As a fan of the sport having the Yankees-Red Sox as the spotlight game when you have two top five teams playing in a sold-out stadium the same day is a symptom of a longer-term problem MLB can’t seem to fix.  ESPN is probably right that they’d get better ratings but it is because the sport has become too regionalized with a few national brands (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, maybe Cubs, maybe Phils, maybe Braves).  The sport’s inability to market its biggest stars nationally (especially those that don’t play for the above teams) is maddening.  

Okay, I’m done venting for now.

15 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Would think the upcoming Yankees @ Orioles Sunday game would get moved if not for bad timing. MLB no longer has a Sunday night game before the All Star game. 

I kind of enjoy that. Was fun last year all the Sunday 3pm games and then a few days off. Was like the last day of the football season.

1 hour ago, btownoriole said:

As an Orioles fan I would rather that they not play on Sunday night.  Plus I really do not like the announcing crew, other than Eduardo Perez.

As a fan of the sport having the Yankees-Red Sox as the spotlight game when you have two top five teams playing in a sold-out stadium the same day is a symptom of a longer-term problem MLB can’t seem to fix.  ESPN is probably right that they’d get better ratings but it is because the sport has become too regionalized with a few national brands (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, maybe Cubs, maybe Phils, maybe Braves).  The sport’s inability to market its biggest stars nationally (especially those that don’t play for the above teams) is maddening.  

Baseball could use some “in game updates” to stay up on other teams. There should also be nationally televised games on Monday and Thursday when a lot of teams have off.

1 hour ago, btownoriole said:

I will add my 2 cents, but I largely agree with everything you wrote here. I think it’s ridiculous these games used to start at 8 PM on a day where most people aren’t working, but do have to work the next day. These games didn’t end until 11 PM EST which is insane. 7 PM is better, but it really should be 6. That’s 3 PM Pacific, what is the issue?

They were also far more watchable with Dan Shulman as the PBP guy.