What does the Bradish injury really mean?

Sports Guy

With Bradish coming out early shaking arm and telling Hyde his elbow hurt, I think it’s safe to say he’s in real trouble of finishing this season and maybe not even pitching in 2025.

When the Os traded for Burnes, they added a legit ace level guy and more importantly, gave us 3 really good starters to go into October with.

Now, we are back to 2 and back to having to go with guys like Kremer and Irvin in the playoffs.

So, what do the Os do about this?  

Right now, the best starters likely available are Luzardo and Crochet..2 guys with huge question marks and 2 guys who may not even be around come October.

The worst part is that this could make them desperate enough to trade Mayo or Basallo and I think that would be a huge mistake.

Sure hope Elias doesn't do what the OP suggests. Big mistake. If Bradish is done, try to get something mid level and hope to advance a little further this year minimum. Then hopefully Dave will pull out the pocket book this off-season.

Just sickening news about Bradish...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

With Bradish coming out early shaking arm and telling Hyde his elbow hurt, I think it’s safe to say he’s in real trouble of finishing this season and maybe not even pitching in 2025.

When the Os traded for Burnes, they added a legit ace level guy and more importantly, gave us 3 really good starters to go into October with.

Now, we are back to 2 and back to having to go with guys like Kremer and Irvin in the playoffs.

So, what do the Os do about this?  

Right now, the best starters likely available are Luzardo and Crochet..2 guys with huge question marks and 2 guys who may not even be around come October.

The worst part is that this could make them desperate enough to trade Mayo or Basallo and I think that would be a huge mistake.

They aren’t trading Basallo, Mayo maybe.  Elias will not panic and we have a few weeks to evaluate the 6 starters we still have.

It means that we need another very good starter to replace Bradish if we want to put ourselves in the best position to realistically contend for a World Series championship this season.

I acknowledge that you like many other posters do not want to trade away too tier/talented minor leaguers. But we may not have a choice.

I don’t think that it is very likely that we will beat the Yankees and/or Phillies “as is”. IMO we need to make meaningful improvements especially if Bradish is lost for the year.

Otherwise, we are just another year deeper into Adley and Gunnar’s years/clocks ticking with not much to show but regular season wins.

• Upvote 1

Just now, thegardner said:

We don't know what is going on with Bradish, but you already have him out past 2025?

I guess that's the same as folks on here who said he wouldn't throw pitch in 2024.

His arm has been a ticking time bomb since the first day of spring training. For most it wa when do we lose him not if 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1