Thus far this season: Things I was wrong about and right about

Greg Pappas

Posted (edited)

Wrong:  I was sure that Kjerstad would be up and a regular in the O's lineup (DH/RF/1B)
Right:  The Tony Kemp signing was a waste.  It wasn't a big deal, but seemed destined to fail.

Edited by Greg Pappas

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SG:  I was right about everything. 

I swear Moose, I almost added in the OP that you'd have the most fun with this thread. 🤣  But that's true of many threads. :P

Edited by Greg Pappas
  • Haha 1

I was right about how good the offense would be.  And that the "1-run win regression" concern was overblown.  

I was wrong about how just how good the pitching would be.  I figured they would still be top 7-10, but not take as big a step forward as a staff.  I was wrong about Holliday.  I thought they'd give him a longer leash, but just didn't see the depths of despair he would be in.

• Upvote 1

I can’t even remember all the stuff I predicted.  But that’s what separates me from the pack here, I really don’t care about what I predicted, I also don’t care about what YOU predicted either and if you were right or wrong.  

I was wrong about Holliday but so was everyone else on the planet. 

I thought G-Rod would be better than he’s been. He’s been good, but I thought he was top 5 Cy Young. He could go on a nice run and get there, but not at this rate. 

• Upvote 1

I was wrong about Holliday winning ROY and Kjerstad having a near everyday role. I was wrong about Cowser as a fielder-I grossly underestimated him there. I was wrong about Kimbrel. Aside from his little rough patch, he’s been more than passable as one closer. 

I was right about Bradish needing surgery and I was right about lack of bullpen depth.  

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can’t even remember all the stuff I predicted.  But that’s what separates me from the pack here, I really don’t care about what I predicted, I also don’t care about what YOU predicted either and if you were right or wrong.  

I was wrong about Holliday but so was everyone else on the planet. 

I thought G-Rod would be better than he’s been. He’s been good, but I thought he was top 5 Cy Young. He could go on a nice run and get there, but not at this rate. 

What were you wrong about w/r/t Holliday?

I was wrong about Suarez-I wanted to keep Teharan over him. I was right about not having enough pitching. I was wrong about needing to platoon Mountcastle and O'hearn. I was right about needing another good right handed bat (J. D. Martinez is who I wanted)

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What were you wrong about w/r/t Holliday?

That he’d be good when he came up. Granted, I’d have given him another week or two because I thought he was starting to look a little better. But he was pretty overmatched on the whole. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That he’d be good when he came up. Granted, I’d have given him another week or two because I thought he was starting to look a little better. But he was pretty overmatched on the whole. 

Yea I guess that’s my point. I don’t think he got enough of a chance to prove anything to say you were right or wrong about him…unless your opinion was that he would come up and dominate right away.

17 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I was wrong about Suarez-I wanted to keep Teharan over him. I was right about not having enough pitching. I was wrong about needing to platoon Mountcastle and O'hearn. I was right about needing another good right handed bat (J. D. Martinez is who I wanted)

JD Martinez has been really good this year.  Better than I expected.  DH (and trickle-down impacted positions) would have looked much different had they signed him too.

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I guess that’s my point. I don’t think he got enough of a chance to prove anything to say you were right or wrong about him…unless your opinion was that he would come up and dominate right away.

There is something in between dominating and looking like by far the worst hitter in the league.

• Upvote 1