Sunday 6/23 vs. Houston

elextrano8

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Elias gambled on the SP holding up healthy-wise and lost, that's all. I know it's tough when you don't have bottomless pockets as some other teams do. But I still think he could have done better to have a plan B.

He knew far more than we did, and chose to not move on that knowledge. And it’s not a question of money; the off-season was still Angelos’. But he could have traded. He chose not to pay the price, it seems, but he should have known the price would only go up.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

….no. It’s not fair because there’s, like, two players that remain from that era. 

I said all, and I am sticking to it. Especially when those who remain are key players.

Just now, baltfan said:

Beginning of the Astros being the Astros again. 

They’ve been playing at a playoff level winning percentage since starting 12-24. The one criticism is the Astros schedule has been soft, but they’re beating up on the Orioles this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Elias gambled on the SP holding up healthy-wise and lost, that's all. I know it's tough when you don't have bottomless pockets as some other teams do. But I still think he could have done better to have a plan B.

The SP until this week even with all the injuries has been solid though. He knew he had some depth. 

Wells and Means I don’t see why he would have been anything but hopeful. Don’t see how you could “expect” Bradish to make it through the year. Plus Kremer now hurt. 

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Loperfido, former Blue Devil. No wonder he’s annoying. 

Pretty good 7th round pick though. The Orioles drafted all of these guys before Loperfido.

image.thumb.png.52042cc254c63e8d304626b228bcf150.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

He knew far more than we did, and chose to not move on that knowledge. And it’s not a question of money; the off-season was still Angelos’. But he could have traded. He chose not to pay the price, it seems, but he should have known the price would only go up.

He can't trade without the owner, read, Angelos signing off on it. I'm sure they didn't want to gut the farm before they sold the team.

Edited by Malike

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

I know we have already discussed this but you are expecting Elias to move before seeing things unfold. 

It made no sense to bank on Bradish. I’ll agree there.