Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

BTW, I see Roy said he was 8-0 and I saw something about him striking out 19 one game.   Then I saw that 40 something, washed up, Robby Cano was hitting .442 with a 1.200 something OPS.    Too funny.

Hell, Radhames Liz has a 2.67 ERA! 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

You’ll notice, Roy, unless I missed it, didn’t really take a stance even though you can see he’d be for it.  He gave himself some wiggle room just in case.

personally, I'm against it,,,even if the last "incident" wasn't a charge or criminal offense...I still think hes got too much baggage and would be a big  distraction with the media and protestors.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

image.thumb.png.96e5e7c0fc5ef452bbeec1859c0d10b1.png

image.thumb.png.f78d4218a9c19ab9ac616b1cb0d8c839.png

I'm definitely not advocating for Bauer but showing his league-leading 1.56 ERA in a league where everyone is OPS'ing 1.000 sort of shows they aren't doing the damage against him.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I'm definitely not advocating for Bauer but showing his league-leading 1.56 ERA in a league where everyone is OPS'ing 1.000 sort of shows they aren't doing the damage against him.

Did you check out the hitting talent.  This isn’t even AAA.   This is AA level.   It’s a glorified over 40 hardball league.

Not saying Bauer isn’t ML caliber but his stats in this league mean less than zero.

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

personally, I'm against it,,,even if the last "incident" wasn't a charge or criminal offense...I still think hes got too much baggage and would be a big  distraction with the media and protestors.

Ok.  If you’re against it, it’s odd that you’d start a thread on it now, especially when anyone who frequents the site would probably know that Bauer has been brought up multiple times before the season and during the season.   

@Roy Firestone

To your credit you said this back in May.

I live in LA and have heard and seen a lot of things from Trevor Bauer that would give me the creeps if we ever even considered signing him. Stong pass.”

To me, that doesn’t jibe with the tone of the OP but that’s just me.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

BTW, I see Roy said he was 8-0 and I saw something about him striking out 19 one game.   Then I saw that 40 something, washed up, Robby Cano was hitting .442 with a 1.200 something OPS.    Too funny.

He does seem to be the best starting pitcher in the league, although his ERA (1.56) checks in just a bit below 36-year-old Neftali Feliz’s 1.50 mark (all in relief). Many/most probably recall Feliz from his last significant stint in the majors, when he posted a 5.48 ERA between two teams back in 2017. It’s a damn shame how the league won’t let Neftali back in, when he can obviously still shove at this level.

Bauer is missing a lot of bats, though, so that’s a good sign that he’s legit. In fact, his K/9 (13.2) is second in the entire league — though not extremely close on the heels of the leader, the utterly unhittable Spencer Patton, who is posting a 14.2 K/9 mark. Spencer seems to be experiencing a bit of a career renaissance at the age of 36, as his stuff must have ticked up tremendously since posting a 5.6 K/9 over his last two stints in the majors with TEX (2022) and OAK (2023).

Right behind Spencer and Trevor on the K/9 list is Daniel Ponce de Leon, who was a pretty hot commodity for the Cardinals back in 2018-19. Many thought his career was over after going 6.21 ERA for STL in 2021, 6.52 ERA for 3 AAA teams in 2022, and 9.99 ERA for the Charlotte Knights in 2023. But he’s whiffing 12.6 hombres per 9, so it seems he’s rediscovered the magic.

The guy I really hope we’re looking into is Tom Hackimer, who is probably most famous for once reaching AAA at the age of 27 in 2021. A sidewinder pitcher, T-Hack had a difficult season last year (4.76 ERA) trying to stifle the big bats of the Atlantic League as a member of the Long Island Ducks, but he’s really found his footing in the Mexican League. His 0.99 ERA leads all hurlers, and he’s moving ever closer to unseating the venerable Geoff Broussard as the closer for Tecolotes de Los Dos Laredos.

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

We live in a ME TOO WOKE society.  A women just has to say a man breathed on her wrong and he is canceled. 

I was on the fence about signing him but your support for him has convinced me.  I'm a hard no!  

• Haha 1