Bring up Mayo already!!

On 7/4/2024 at 8:26 PM, Winter said:

i think the stretch run Mayo will be playing DH vs lefties, Kjerstad vs righties, Kjerstad play the field on the road sometimes, this is at the very least. 

Yeah the lineup vs lefties gets a lot more dangerous when you swap McCann for Mayo. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guy gets grief when he smiles and grief when he doesn't smile enough.

I love when he's smiling. He just looks like he's in a funk and it comes through in his body language. He doesn't get mad like Gunnar or even Mullins did during his slump. He just looks down. I would be too if I hadn't hit a fastball with authority in like a month. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I love when he's smiling. He just looks like he's in a funk and it comes through in his body language. He doesn't get mad like Gunnar or even Mullins did during his slump. He just looks down. I would be too if I hadn't hit a fastball with authority in like a month. 

I was referring to a different poster.

55 minutes ago, CTBear said:

Yeah the lineup vs lefties gets a lot more dangerous when you swap McCann for Mayo. 

McCann has to play sometimes though. Playing him versus lefties is maximizing what he can do. For the playoffs, Adley will catch, Mayo will DH. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

McCann has to play sometimes though. Playing him versus lefties is maximizing what he can do. For the playoffs, Adley will catch, Mayo will DH. 

Also McCann can play tonight and Mayo can play 3B to sit Mateo. Then tomorrow Mayo can DH and Mateo plays second.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He can't do anything though. His sole purpose should be to give Adley a break, not play vs every lefty because Hyde for some reason thinks he can hit lefties when he can't. McCann will probably play both tonight and tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Except McCann's OPS this year is worse against LHP and it was last year as well. I think for a backup catcher McCann plays too often given the talent this organization has at it's disposal. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why are we still discussing this? It will take clearly one of Urias, Mateo, Mountcastle, or O’Hearn from the roster. 

I could cut 2 of them and sleep fine at night.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why are we still discussing this? It will take clearly one of Urias, Mateo, Mountcastle, or O’Hearn from the roster. 

Just option Cowser. They're playing Kjerstad more, Mullins is getting the majority of CF for some reason, and they will play Hays against the upcoming lefties. 

Mayo for DH vs lefties. 

13 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I could cut 2 of them and sleep fine at night.

I would consider trading O'Hearn at this point if a team will trade a decent reliever for him. Kjerstad can take all his at bats with little to no drop off perhaps even be an improvement. Then you have more at bats available for Mayo.

O'Hearn is a platoon player so I question his overall trade value. If I was Elias I'm taking calls on Mountcastle to gauge his value in advance of the trade deadline.