Bring up Mayo already!!

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Just option Cowser. They're playing Kjerstad more, Mullins is getting the majority of CF for some reason, and they will play Hays against the upcoming lefties. 

Mayo for DH vs lefties. 

option a guy that still has good odds to win Elias a pick? 

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

He's at between 550 and 850 depending on the site.   He's the third option well behind Langford and Gil.

Since June 1, Langford is hitting .325/.390/.545 with four home runs, nine doubles, three triples, 26 RBI, and six stolen bases.

Edited by Can_of_corn

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

The whole finish "top 5" in ROY voting is meaningless.  Cowser is great when he makes contact.  Iron sharpens Iron.  None of our players are entilted to PT.  Even Mullins sat while Cowser was hitting.  Kjerstad had to go down to get his bat going.

Cowser is not above getting sent down to work on things.  

2 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Urias should of been off the roster a long time ago

Maybe but we don’t get a say … Urias has value to a team that has an everyday slot. His track record says he’s not a good part time player. 

28 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Maybe but we don’t get a say … Urias has value to a team that has an everyday slot. His track record says he’s not a good part time player. 

The issue is that Urias has like a .890 OPS for the last month +.  Cowser is the one struggling.  So why not send Cowser down?  We get to take a look at Mayo, while not permanently losing anyone of the roster.  

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Good odds? I don't agree.

They guy has highest WAR for AL rookies as of yesterday and is one hot streak from pulling away more, would i bet on him? NO but in what world has anyone been in that reads Elias is going to make a move that cost him a potential 1st rounder? I haven't seen anything along the lines of making such moves. -- and for what to keep Urias? hah When Elias wants Mayo up he will be up, unless and injury forces his hand i think he has the time and date set for the call up. 

1 minute ago, Winter said:

They guy has highest WAR for AL rookies as of yesterday and is one hot streak from pulling away more, would i bet on him? NO but in what world has anyone been in that reads Elias is going to make a move that cost him a potential 1st rounder? I haven't seen anything along the lines of making such moves. -- and for what to keep Urias? hah When Elias wants Mayo up he will be up, unless and injury forces his hand i think he has the time and date set for the call up. 

He's ahead in fWAR, behind in rWAR and behind with the gambling community.

I think good odds overstates, but with Mason Miller and Luis Gil wobbling I think Cowser could still be in the mix.

Langford by fWAR is interesting as they have 275 PA of similar batting productivity, but fWAR supposes Cowser to be twice as valuable because of defense....that is not an advantage likely to hold value with the award voters (or gamblers getting their action based on real world expectations).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I am going to make an official prediction of Mayo in the orioles starting lineup against the Yankees Friday night. 

That could be but they are facing another left hander tomorrow so it would make sense to do it then if they are going to.  I am sure they won’t lose again after he comes up.