Bring up Mayo already!!

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

No, it's the fact that Elias doesn't want to lose Urias or Mateo for nothing. To bring Mayo up means DFAing one of those if he can't find a trade partner that offers what he wants. 

Yep...He will be here by the end of July and Urias will not IMO. And we will get something for Urias.

9 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

So?  I hate this mentality.   If we can't find a trade partner then that means no one else values them the way the Os do.   We can't let no team wanting to give us 'value' for them prevent us from improving the MLB team.   It's better to cut them and get better bats into the lineup than to struggle to score runs because we are so scared of just giving away freaking Mateo or Urias.  Yes,  some give compelling arguments about why we should keep one or both of them... fine.   But if the only reason they are still on the roster is because Elias can't find a team to unload them on,  that's poor roster management and it's hurting the MLB team. 

He can't find someone to unload them too because it is July 14. 

So, remind me of the process…if Urias gets DFA-ed, he goes on the market, and teams have a week to acquire him, Right? So he won’t be released for nothing. Instead he’ll bring back a minor prophet of some kind, a guy with possibilities but problems. And Mike loves those. He may even have some targets in the other team’s system.
Given his diminished value to the Os, I don’t think that’s a bad thing, even if he doesn’t bring back “full value.”

”Full Value,” is the market price, btw, so those who think he’s worth more than Market are by definition overvaluing him.

But that’s what we should do. And a league average hitter with solid defense would bring back something even if DFA-ed, because several teams would be interested.

If Mayo comes out of the break swinging the bat well still then that second series at Miami looks like a strong possibility. Close to his hometown, and against a weak team, it seems like a good spot for a debut

14 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

So, remind me of the process…if Urias gets DFA-ed, he goes on the market, and teams have a week to acquire him, Right? So he won’t be released for nothing. Instead he’ll bring back a minor prophet of some kind, a guy with possibilities but problems. And Mike loves those. He may even have some targets in the other team’s system.
Given his diminished value to the Os, I don’t think that’s a bad thing, even if he doesn’t bring back “full value.”

”Full Value,” is the market price, btw, so those who think he’s worth more than Market are by definition overvaluing him.

But that’s what we should do. And a league average hitter with solid defense would bring back something even if DFA-ed, because several teams would be interested.

Minor prophet? Can we get Joel, Amos, Obadiah? Malachi might be my first choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

There is not a GM in the world....except the one we have......who would be keeping Mayo in AAA right now.

Elias is so conservative he would fold pocket Aces to a 3 bet before the flop. 

He needs to GOOOO.   Not out of the organization. He is great at what he does.    But put in charge of scouting.  He is not a GM.  He doesn't have that extra gene in him.

Then you want him gone.  He’s not taking a demotion.  There’d be 20+ other teams on the phone to get him and it would be the dumbest decision in team history.   

As I recall, you argued that Holliday was ready and should make the OD roster and when he didn’t the team would fold because they weren’t taking the best players.   

I realize you think you always nail it but that’s not what history tells us.   

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

I’m fond of Haggai. Haggai 1:6 is one of my go-to verses.

But Habbakuk is definitely a baseball name…

I love it....but let's get a major prophet like Isaiah or Jeremiah to help with the pitching!

1 hour ago, gamiliel said:

I love it....but let's get a major prophet like Isaiah or Jeremiah to help with the pitching!

I love popping into chats about trades or whatnot and suddenly quoting Job:

”Who is it that darkens counsel with words without wisdom!”

Always makes me laugh…

4 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

But then you lose his defense.