As poorly as we played...when he Yankees lose tonight....

Roy Firestone

47 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wonder if Gil has hit a wall. 4.1 IP, 4H, 5ER, 4BB, 2K, 1HR. Cole got destroyed last night also. I wonder if he's going to hold up all season.

I did not think he (Cole) looked like his old self at all his first game back, and it wasn't just being rusty. I saw an article earlier today on MSN saying someone thought Cole might have shoulder issues. Maybe so, maybe not, but if it is I think there is a very high likelihood that it is a carryover from his elbow soreness. I was too busy to read the article and only glanced at the headline. If i had to guess, I would say he doesn't last the year and very well may need surgery.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

22 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I did not think he (Cole) looked like his old self at all his first game back, and it wasn't just being rusty. I saw an article earlier today on MSN saying someone thought Cole might have shoulder issues. Maybe so, maybe not, but if it is I think there is a very high likelihood that it is a carryover from his elbow soreness. I was too busy to read the article and only glanced at the headline. If i had to guess, I would say he doesn't last the year and very well may need surgery.

His fastball last night lost a ton of velocity from 95 to 91.

24 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I'd be terribly upset about this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

On a 11 day vacation to California. Hitting up the Cubs - Giants game tomorrow in San Fran before heading down the coast to LA. Will feel better about wearing my O’s stuff now without a losing streak. Anyone ever been to the stadium here?

I lived in San Fran for 5 years, went to many Giants games at the new park. Bring a winter jacket or a warm blanket as it gets very cold out at night at the stadium. Summer in San Fran doesnt start untill sept- november.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Malike said:

I wonder if Gil has hit a wall. 4.1 IP, 4H, 5ER, 4BB, 2K, 1HR. Cole got destroyed last night also. I wonder if he's going to hold up all season.

Went back and watched Cole's 2nd start back vs. the Mets. He did not look good, rocked for four homers. Weirdly, some fastballs in the 93 range, but then he'd pick it up again. And it made history:

the Yankees have played more than 18,000 games all-time, and this was the first in which a starting pitcher allowed four home runs while issuing four walks and striking out none.