7/6 Game two versus Oakland

accinfo

I’m not going to trash Povich just because he’s awful today.   He’s been respectable up to now.  For whatever reason, he just doesn’t have it today.  

Have a good afternoon, I’m finding something else to do unless this gets competitive.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m not going to trash Povich just because he’s awful today.   He’s been respectable up to now.  For whatever reason, he just doesn’t have it today.  

Have a good afternoon, I’m finding something else to go unless this gets competitive.  

It looks to be the same thing he dealt with in the minors.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skenes has an impact not only every five days when he starts, but also saves the pen so they can have more impact in other games. He is certainly a dominant force so far.  However, no, not changing my vote. Jackson will play 150 games a year, and he should be a perennial all star. Skenes likely misses 1-2 years for injury at some point. The human body simply cannot sustain that kind of torque on the elbow. Strasberg comes to mind. To each your own. 
    • Yes and Holliday has some type of elbow inflammation, not exactly good for an infielder. He might be going on his own extended IL trips.
    • I might go with you on that but is Holliday going to be that? I hope so but it's not a given. Skenes is already there. 
    • I voted for Skenes, He's been as good as advertised, also because the O's clearly need a SP more at this time. Hopefully Holliday makes me regret this vote in short order.
    • There are people in this thread who don't want the Orioles to ever spend a high draft pick on pitching because it's too risky. They say it's better to get really good at developing mid-round lottery tickets into starting pitching. Okay, ideally yes, that would be better. The Orioles have failed miserably at this for the last five years. I think some of that is random chance because they've shown they have an eye for pitchers in trades, but they've had five years to figure out how to do this and zero successes. Other teams have done it, the Orioles may be able to do it someday, but right now they can't. Other than Burnes, they haven't even been able to convert their position prospect capital into good pitching. We'll see what happens at the deadline, but if they fail to do so, that's even more of an argument for drafting pitchers with some of your higher picks. They really need to stop drafting the Mac Horvaths, Donta Williams's and Tavian Josenbergers of the world and start gambling on some high-risk, high reward pitchers. I'd still probably trade Jackson Holliday straight up for Paul Skenes today, same as four months ago. The gap between Holliday and our second best option at 2B is much smaller than the gap between Skenes and our worst starting pitcher. There's no way the Pirates would make that trade, which I guess means the Pirates are foolish to hear it from some of the people here.
    • I’ll take the elite MVP level positional talent over the CY talent.    If you told me that Skenes was never going to get hurt, I may go with him but the risk is just too much if I’m deciding between those 2 types of players.
    • Putting aside the hypothetical about who would have more value during the years of team control, it would be very nice to have Skenes right now and for whatever additional time he pitches before he misses time (if he does).  He meets our current needs much more than Holliday does.   
  • Popular Contributors