403 errors

Tony-OH

55 minutes ago, now said:

Is this a thread about the Yankees "defense"? ;)

Position 403 is the shortstop in the ninth dimension.  It's a really tricky throw to first from there so I'm not surprised that he made an error. 

• Haha 2

This is a great site, no doubt. But for a few weeks I get 403 errors when I try to post. I've only been able to get a few to go through like this one. I know this is frustrating for Tony too. Fingers crossed things will start working properly soon.

The 1890 Brooklyn Gladiators of the Player's League also made exactly 403 errors. I believe they and the '99 Senators are the only MLB teams to have accomplished this feat.

I don't know a whole lot about the Gladiators. They were thrown together during the labor disputes of 1890 and the league only lasted that one season. They went 26-73-1, and none of their players really stand out. I recognize their second baseman, Push-'em-Up (or Move Up depending on your sources) Joe Gerhardt (no relation to 1980s O's outfielder Ken Gerhart), but he OPS'd .539 that year. Third baseman Jumbo Davis (listed at 5'11", 195) was their best hitter, but only played 38 games and made 25 errors. 35-year-old Move Up made 47 errors in 95 games.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who would even track that? Why would you ask for that when you know there is absolutely no way of knowing it one way or the other. It's fine if you don't think a team meeting doesn't work, and honestly, I have no idea whether they work or not, but I don't see what is gained by asking someone for data on something that you know is not track.
    • Looks like some pretty wicked horizontal movement on the breakers in that clip, and the first one was a changeup that completely fooled that lefty. Very difficult to throw anything out of that arm slot that is tough on lefties other than the changeup, and Yennier Cano is proof that even a very good changeup is not enough to overcome the platoon issues if your fastball/sinker struggles against lefties. That said, I suppose Logan Webb is the prototype for how you can still be a starting pitcher with that arm slot and arsenal if the breaking ball/offspeed are good enough and you can command everything.  
    • I didn’t even know that was a stat.
    • I also posted numbers to show that over the last 50 games (when I did the post) they were very unclutch in both the offense and defense. So whether they were unclutch all year is not the issue, as the pressure has built this team so far has wilted.  Now whether they can come back and change that narrative remains to be seen, but the numbers definitely show a lack of clutchiness since last June. Yes, part of the high leverage problems are because hitters are facing good relief pitchers, but again, all teams are facing them and the Orioles are still 18th according toe the OP and the recent stats I posted were about the same.
    • As far as I'm concerned since about mid June the whole team stinks right now including the hitting and fielding. The pitching has a little bit of excuse when you consider the amount of starters they have lost and we already knew they didn't have a good BP but this hitting SMH how bad they can look so many times. 
    • He’s already been in the system longer than guys like Cowser and Holliday, and almost as long as Kjerstad, Westburg, and Mayo. By the time he comes up, he’ll almost certainly have been with the Orioles organization longer than any of the current young guys were when they debuted. I don’t think there is much reason to think he will be less affected by the Orioles’ development process than the others — he will probably be more of a product of our system than the others, because we’re the only coaching he’s had since the age of 16. All the rest of them will have had high school and (in many cases) college coaching that’s been part of their development since age 16. I don’t have any specific data on how much work he does in gym shorts, though.
  • Popular Contributors