Win predictions at Start of 2nd half

2nd Half predictions  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of our regular season?

• > 100 wins
    • 96-100 wins
    • 90-95 wins
    • <90 wins

Hard to predict until we see how they look coming out of the break. Hopefully a lot better than they did going into it. 

I think they’ll flirt with 100 wins, and I think it will take 100+ to take the division.  With 66 games to go we’d need to go 42-24 to get to exactly 100.  Certainly possible but I don’t like the odds. So I went with 96-100 

We have 66 games left, a .604 winning percentage, and the hardest part of our schedule is behind us.

Continue at .600, we win 38 more games-=96

Fall to .500, we win 33= 91

Collapse to .450, we win 29 more games=87.

All of those send us-probably-to October.

I don’t think we address the problems enough to get 42 wins, dagnabbit, and we falter without collapsing and go ~ .550 the rest of the way, or 94 wins.

Plus one for Lagniappe. 
Plus another for righteous living.

96 wins

2014 redux

Edited by HowAboutThat
  • Upvote 2

This is the Athletic’s projection. The Yankees have played two additional games and lost them both, and the Orioles are currently one game up.

The projection calls for the Yankees to win one game more than the Orioles, which means they have to make up three games just to get even, and then win an additional one to  meet the projection.

Thats a high hill for the Yankees to climb, but if the Orioles do nothing meaningful, they will slide, and slide hard, but not out of the playoffs.

But remember, it’s not just a question of what we do or don’t, but what the Yankees do or don’t.

We shall see…

IMG_1755.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This type of stat is always all over the place. I’m pretty sure I saw something recently that we were in the Top 10 of easiest remaining schedules. I also find it hard to believe the Yankees would be that much softer doing a quick head to head comparison. If anything, it looks like to me the O’s is a bit easier - on paper anyways.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well, first of all, you can see from the chart that with only a couple of exceptions, our pitchers have generally done very well when asked to pitch on back to back days.  The team ERA in those situations is 2.74 and 9 of the 12 pitchers who’ve done it have an ERA of 3.00 or lower in those spots.  And, as you can see, some pitchers do it more often than others.  So, I’d say the O’s are quite selective about it.   Second, on BB-ref, each pitcher has a game log that shows how they’ve done game by game, how many pitches they threw, etc.   I’m sure that’s where @SteveAgot the information he gave you about how many pitches the various pitchers threw in the first game of back-to-back appearances.  You can find these by going to the player’s page on Bb-ref, clicking on the grey banner that says “more [name of pitcher] pages, and then clicking on the yearly game log you wish to see.   For example, here’s Cionel Perez for this year: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=perezci01&t=p&year=2024. You can see exactly how he did on any back to back appearance there.    Hope that helps.    
    • No. But I will be in Colorado Sat/Sun if anyone else is...
    • I'm planning on going to Boston on the 9th to cross Fenway Park off the bucket list. I'd enjoy it much more if I could meet up with some of you guys.  Any one planning on going to Boston and want meet up / Hang Out?
    • When I hear announcers from other networks and broadcasts nation wide,  it makes me realize that we have a good one in Kevin Brown and I'm glad we have him. That said, he still can irritate me any time he loses his attention span and starts going down irrelevant rabbit holes than what's going on in the game. As for best announcers, I like Jon Miller and Gary Thorne the most. Shout out to Mel Proctor and Michael Reghi too for their years of contributions to the Orioles broadcast experience.
    • My son wanted to wait outside Harbor Park to get his autograph last Friday. He’s easy to root for……very nice and posed for a picture with my son. And after a hard loss where didn’t have a good game. Maverick Handley was also really great with the fans. 
    • Doesn’t he? How often have people complained about bringing a guy in a day after a significant workload? Can Bowman come in tonight with a reasonable chance of success even though he had 15 pitches yesterday? I have no idea, and I don’t know whether 15 pitches is a fine or not. I realize that guys are different, but there’s probably a general average limit and most guys are within a few pitches either way. Bell curve stuff.
    • That looks like a Covid game with no fans and that is AAA.   I can only imagine A games now that school starts.  
  • Popular Contributors