Are we done?

DocJJ

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

No bullpen help with 30 minute to go...this was our GLARING need. If this is all we get, I'm disappointed.

I agree...still time left, though.   I don't think moving Suarez to the bullpen is a great move, either.

On 7/29/2024 at 12:25 PM, Bemorewins said:

I have a very hard time envisioning a scenario where we are better next season without Burnes and Santander (especially Burnes). Unless we had some talent into our projected rotation, I could see regression with a staff of Rodriguez, Eflin, Kremer, and what?

Mayo and Holliday should both play major roles next year. Gunnar, Westburg, Cowser and Kjerstad are still younger than peak MLB age. They will get Bautista back, Grayson may improve as he is also younger than typical peak age. 

Add a front of the rotation starter and this team should continue to be competitive for the next several years.

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2024 at 10:39 AM, Aristotelian said:

Just a thought: if we don't get another bullpen arm, could that be a sign that Bautista is coming back? 

Coulombe is expected back, Bautista may be a longshot.  Still it would be nice to get one more impact arm in the pen so we don't have to rely on Suarez or McDermott back there.

19 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Mayo and Holliday should both play major roles next year. Gunnar, Westburg, Cowser and Kjerstad are still younger than peak MLB age. They will get Bautista back, Grayson may improve as he is also younger than typical peak age. 

Add a front of the rotation starter and this team should continue to be competitive for the next several years.

Resign Burnes?