Austin Hays says the Phillies are an upgrade

Bigbie03

• 4 weeks later...

He loved it here. He asked to be extended here.  If that wasn’t going to happen there is not a better outcome for him that to go to the Phillies. 

Yeah nothing to see here.  Comment was fine and it was accurate. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It definitely seems like something is/was up with the clubhouse. The hitters have given up. 

Be careful attacking the hitters or those in the "it's nothing wrong with the hitting" and the stats monsters will come after you like they did me. Lol. I think most of us with eyes can see how misleading numbers can be just by watching this team day in and day out. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It definitely seems like something is/was up with the clubhouse. The hitters have given up. 

Seems like a weird thread to pull back up to continue your message that this team has "given up." 

First, Hays was not taking any shots. He was doing what any player does when joining a new team, and that's tell everyone how glad he is to be there. 

Second, Hays was going to get more of an opportunity to play then he was with the Orioles. Why would he not be happy with that?

Third, none of this has anything to do with what is currently going on with the Orioles right now. Maybe try and keep a lot of this stuff in the current threads instead of bumping old ones that really don't have anything to do with the current situation. 

• Upvote 4

When I saw this thread got bumped I thought there would be an update or news about Hays. He has a .677 OPS in Philadelphia. He's provided less value than Dominguez, who he was traded for. Let him think whatever he wants.

If Hays approached the Orioles about an extension , that tells me he wants to stay here  . He was our starter during our ‘rebuilding’ years and had endured our losing performances . Seems like combination of injuries , declining stats &  prospects needing to play, Orioles decided to trade him to Philadelphia .  I have nothing against Hays , he has a new slate to play and rebuild his career . Why would he not be happy in Philadelphia ?