Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade

Frobby

Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/24 at 23:35

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

He does suck. There is absolutely nothing in his numbers or baseball savant page that is encouraging. 

I expect him to have an ERA 1.5-2 runs lower than Povich or McDermott would, and I think if he is recovering from an injury he has the chance to be better. Look at his recent results, they are much better. If his velocity gets an uptick he'll be even better. 

I truly don't see Norby or Stowers as having a place on our team in the future, maybe that's why some of you hate the trade. 

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

I expect him to have an ERA 1.5-2 runs lower than Povich or McDermott would, and I think if he is recovering from an injury he has the chance to be better. Look at his recent results, they are much better. If his velocity gets an uptick he'll be even better. 

I truly don't see Norby or Stowers as having a place on our team in the future, maybe that's why some of you hate the trade. 

Povich and McDermott no longer factored in anyway after Eflin was acquired. Rogers is replacing Suarez. 

I supported trading both Norby and Stowers, but I wanted something decent in return. This guy is a hot garbage. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

The Yankees are out manuevering us.They almost always do. They are MUCH better.We are incrementally better. We need BULLPEN arms badly.

How? I agree Chisholm helps but...

5 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Worst trade the Elias front office has ever done. By far. They could have at least gotten Tanner Scott instead and even that would have been an over pay. They could have gotten the same type of pitcher as Rogers off the waiver wire. They might have even been able to get Rogers off the waiver wire if they waited long enough.

Abysmal trade. Absolutely horrible.

You think the Marlins give up Scott for those two guys? You didn't see what the Padres traded, I guess.

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

With the other trades the Orioles made, it is very unlikely Mayo or Holiday are called up. There is no room.

Roch confirming Holliday recalled. 

Agree it seems weird, but it’s happening apparently.

6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

You think the Marlins give up Scott for those two guys? You didn't see what the Padres traded, I guess.

Read the time stamp. He wasn't traded at that point. Also, if another team overpays, let them be the sucker. Don't be one of the suckers born every second.

6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

So, you're saying Elias did the right thing by not giving up that much for Scott?

no  question about that in my mind. I am very happy with Elias work, the only guy he traded that stings me a bit is Stowers. I think he has a chance to be a very good player, just was not getting his opportunity here.

The Marlins may likely win this one WAR-wise, with so many years of Norby and Stowers now at their disposal. But those two guys were never getting a long-term shot here unless other, wackier, stuff happened with the roster. Assuming health, Rogers is going to contribute more here than they would have. 

Elias won't say it this way publicly. But once you commit to holding onto the big three, the best way forward with Norby/Stowers was probably to sell them to the highest bidder. They aren't providing value to the O's if they are blocked, and they aren't gaining value by continuing to do what they've already proven they can do at AAA. 

• Upvote 1

This feels like Cole Irvin deal.  The Orioles get a guy with a lot of control they hope they can do something with.  I was an Irvin fan from an attitude point of view, but he just never quite made it. I am very nervous about paying this price for e guy who is 9-23 the last few years.  Of course record doesn’t mean that much, but there aren’t a lot of guys with that type of record, other in their first couple of years or so, that turn into something. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Rogers ramped up his sinker usage recently. We have a great IF defense. We also have a wall and a spacious LF. 

Let’s hope our superior pitching lab and defense gets Rogers back to All Star status. 

What's the opposite of recency bias?