Eloy Jimenez aquired

eddie83

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/s/2WpmH4x1L5

Reaction of Chicago sports broadcasters.

Big shrug from me. Sure, he was supposed to be this great young player they signed long-term, and then he flamed out. But we don't have that baggage, we'll just use him how he's supposed to be used now that it's clear the type of player he is (a platoon/bench bat). 

1 hour ago, Say O! said:

When does Eloy have to report/be activated?  Might the Os slow play to keep Kjerstad on roster for CLE series who are throwing 4 RH SPs?

The players have 3 days to report. Eloy was just activated this afternoon, and Kjerstad was optioned.

49 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Can't imagine this is a  popular move with the clubhouse.

Add a terrible hitter 2 month rental who should never put on a glove to replace a promising young dude

I think most of the clubhouse is fine with it.  Kjerstad’s buddies feel bad for him but not bad enough to complain about it.

50 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Add a terrible hitter 2 month rental who should never put on a glove to replace a promising young dude

Do you think Elias thinks he'll be a "terrible hitter 2 month rental" or is that just what you think will happen?

Do you disagree with Elias? Do you ever stop to think, what is this really smart baseball guy thinking that makes me disagree with him? Do you allow for the possibility that he has some insight that you don't have?

Or are you just certain that you're right, and he'll be a "terrible hitter 2 month rental?"

5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Do you think Elias thinks he'll be a "terrible hitter 2 month rental" or is that just what you think will happen?

Do you disagree with Elias? Do you ever stop to think, what is this really smart baseball guy thinking that makes me disagree with him? Do you allow for the possibility that he has some insight that you don't have?

Or are you just certain that you're right, and he'll be a "terrible hitter 2 month rental?"

You're right he may not last two months

• Haha 2

Honestly, Eloy may be cooked.  Instead of the athletic marvel and imposing presence in prior years, he kinda looks like shell of himself physically, like when guys reach mid 30s (except he’s only 27).  I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s DFA’d by Sept. 

8 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

No kidding.  Sure.  Let's bring in a loser from another organization over a long time Os prospect who just got crushed in the head.

I am not even saying Heston should have been on the MLB team for now, but to trade for a loser who has no ties to the organization to take his place?  Instead of calling up a Mayo?

I am VERY SURE that players on the team see this and ask themselves WTF?  And that is not good for team morale.

Elias sucks as a team builder.  Very good drafter early on.  Team builder?  He has no idea what makes a team vibe or not.