Roch: Tex speaks

Frobby

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was his Dad, I bought those tickets and took him to experience Camden, and he so happen to really like the O's, and then turned and signed a huge contract with their arch rival I would have some SERIOUS issues. If he did it and went to the Angels I could somewhat go with it but not really. But to do and say what he said........

I've been saying this same thing all offseason and agree 100%.

Way too many people on here heard him say he was a Yankee fan and always wanted to be a Yankee at his press conference, and that is all they needed to hear before forgiving AM for any wrongdoing during the Tex negotiations.

Whether or not he wanted to be here, the MFYs offered him the most money. I personally don't blame MacPhail for not matching it.

I reserve the right to boo him because it feels good. But I don't blame him for taking the money, nor do I blame MP for not giving him that kind of contract.

Sorry Tex, that won't save you from being hated in your own hometown. You made your choice and now you have to live with it...

Enjoy the next 8 years of being booed in the stadium you used to watch games in.

exactly. he made his bed. F him.

I still can't blame him.

Who in the right mind would blame him. The Orioles have to prove to the world that they have changed their old ways of doing business. A top player in his prime would be a fool to waste his career in the hands of a bunch of bafoons. Hopefully we're on the road to recovery but it will be a long hard road.

I concur, I wouldn't boo him.

Why not? I boo all Yankees. I boo the Yankee bat boy. I boo their manager, their pitching coach, and their strength and conditioning coach. I boo players who used to be Yankees. I boo Yankee stadiums, old and new. Why wouldn't you boo a guy from Baltimore who signed with the Yankees for a stereotypical Yankee truckload of cash?

Why not? I boo all Yankees. I boo the Yankee bat boy. I boo their manager, their pitching coach, and their strength and conditioning coach. I boo players who used to be Yankees. I boo Yankee stadiums, old and new. Why wouldn't you boo a guy from Baltimore who signed with the Yankees for a stereotypical Yankee truckload of cash?

He must be a closet Yankee Fan:laughlol:

"I expected nothing less. The fans are passionate; they're the greatest fans when the O's are winning," he said. "I think they're looking forward to a good season for the Orioles."

Squirreled away in this ESPN game recap is this wonderful nugget from Tex.

O's fans are the greatest WHEN the O's are winning. So we are not the greatest fans when we are losing? Is that what you are intimating Tex?

Fair or foul?

Attendance figures tend to give this statement some merit, but, by and large I still say, "go pound sand there Tex!" I for example don't get to too many games but I still consider myself to be a loyal and passionate O's fan. My sense is there are many more like me, as well as those who do get to the stadium on a more consistent basis. This is great sticky material to get the fans even more riled up to boo him mercilessly, as well we should!!!

Print the playoff tickets already!! :smile11:

Go O's. :2yay-thumb:

He can say whatever he wants. He grew up a Yankee fan in Baltimore (according to him), so he's just another fair-weather local looking to catch on to the current winner. Maybe if the team had been winning, he could have decided to root for them. But, whatever the case is, I don't really care what he has to say and I wish him nothing but failure in NY. The sooner I stop hearing about him the better.

Squirreled away in this ESPN game recap is this wonderful nugget from Tex.

O's fans are the greatest WHEN the O's are winning. So we are not the greatest fans when we are losing? is that what you are intimating Tex?

Fair or foul?

Attendance figures tend to give this statement some merit, but, by and large I still say, "go pound sand there Tex!" I for example don't get to too many games but I still consider myself to be a loyal and passionate O's fan.

Print the playoff tickets already!! :smile11:

Go O's. :2yay-thumb:

Guess what, Tex? Yankee fans stay away when the team is losing, too. Far, far away. They couldn't draw worth crap until 1997 (average from 1976-1996? About 25,000), and New York's got how many more people than Baltimore?

But I guess he already knew that, being a big Yankee fan his whole life, or something.

Archived