Jacob Webb to 15 Day IL (Right Elbow Inflammation) and Bryan Baker recalled

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Grayson is throwing off flat ground. There is no timetable but examples of similar Teres Major injuries could have him back for last homestand depending on number of rehab starts.  (2024 Kershaw - 34 days, 2024 Chad Green - 34 days, 2023 Scherzer- 36 days, 2023 Verlander - 33 days)

Coulombe is throwing off mound.  I think final home stand is also a realistic target for Danny (that’s 13 weeks - about the same as arthroscopic elbow surgery returns for Seth Lugo in 2021 and Jonathan Loaisiga last year).  

Westburg still has a splint but is doing left-handed fielding drills and taking one-hand left-handed swings.  The team has been non-committal about his return.  However, most players with metacarpal fractures return to at least rehab games within 60 days unless they have a setback (like Corey Seager did in 2021).  I’m hoping he is back for the final roadtrip.

Great recap and thanks for research on past examples.  Was hoping Coloumbe might be earlier but it is what it is…..thanks again 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

It all sounds encouraging, but even if they return for the final homestead, it wont be nearly enough work to get them in competitive shape, in my opinion.

agree roy, maybe Webb, other 2 are going to be tough. At least we got Eflin back.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

If Webb comes back soon, who do we keep of Bowman and Burch Smith? Seems like they like Smith a little better? Smith is pretty bad though. Or Kremer to IL? 

I'm going to be pretty surprised if Kremer doesn't need a short IL stint.

If we stay in the tournament more than 1 week, it is more time for that group of players to inch back towards midseason form.    They could all be pretty sharp if the Orioles hang in to the 3rd or 4th week.

That Westburg timeline - Game 1 at Yankee Stadium after a 2-month absence...maybe a tough lineup decision if Mayo is playing well.    Yandy Diaz excelled for the Rays the one year he was in that kind of situation, and I do hope Westburg proves Yandy good.

14 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Started rehab assignment at AAA today. 1 inning, 1 BB, 0 R/ER, threw 9 pitches. 

That's great news. If Webb can come back to how he was pitching before the elbow started barking he will be a great addition to the pen. 

• Upvote 1