8/7 @Toronto

eddie83

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No lefty 2Bmen, SS, 3B, or C.

For the infielders, it's because they would have to twist around in an odd position to make even rouitine throws.

For C the origins are a bit less clear; there are more RH batters than LH so they would be shielded from throwing to 2nd more often.

I remember the White Sox had a LH throwing C sometime in the 70s.

Just did a little googling and it mentioned that a few LH throws have played a tiny # of innings at 2B in rare situations... it mentions Anthony Rizzo and Don Mattingly.

Interesting, thank you. I still don't understand why it's harder to throw for a lefty 2B, 3B or SS.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Interesting, thank you. I still don't understand why it's harder to throw for a lefty 2B, 3B or SS.

Imagine a throw to a LH second baseman on a double play grounder. 

Every ball you have to turn your body before you throw.  

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I remember reading that a lot of umpires resented Weaver's antics and were more likely to make borderline calls against the O's.  I would like to see some evidence that yelling at the ump is effective.

Probably doesn’t help things but It makes me feel better. When I’m PO’d I like knowing the manager is too. 

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I find it astonishing as to how this team scores multiple runs early...then does nothing...or doesnt score early and scores inconsequential runs late...

Scoring first is a sure sign that the game will be a loss. 
Kind of like the Ravens (and O’s) getting a first round bye

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I find it astonishing as to how this team scores multiple runs early...then does nothing...or doesnt score early and scores inconsequential runs late...

I remember earlier in the season it seemed the opposite was true.  We couldn't get to the starter but then started clobbering the bullpen.  Patterns shift, for various reasons, if they were even patterns to begin with.

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

3 hits against these jackolanterns. Pretty impressively awful, to be honest. 

It’s awful. And before someone can point to the runs per game average since the ASB like it means something, these types of game seem to happen far too often…getting shut down by pitchers who just aren’t very good or aren’t having a good season. It’d be one thing if we got shut down by someone’s ace…but Bassitt? He’s been bad this year and terrible lately. Francis??? Cmon. 

• Upvote 1