8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

Seeing another ugly pitching performance got me thinking why didn't Elias draft a pitcher like Brody Brecht at pick 32 instead of O'Farrel. I mean to me  he was the pitcher version of Honeycutt. Brecht like Honeycutt has a lot of work to do but you can dream on Brecht like you can Honeycutt. For me once you went with a guy like Honeycutt in the first Brecht was the guy to take at 32. As high upside guys.

I figured the pitching to struggle with all the injuries but for me the hitting has been the biggest disappointment. If they don't hit homeruns they don't score. So many slumping the past month and half too. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He made 3 playoff starts for less then 10 total innings. You think this team isn’t making the playoffs?

Have you watched us play the last 50-60 games? If we do more of the same I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to miss the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Another instance where they score late runs once they’re already getting blown out. The pitching needs to be better but imagine if they had more than 3 hits the first 8 innings against a 4.50 ERA guy? 

• Like 1

Just now, terpoh said:

Have you watched us play the last 50-60 games? If we do more of the same I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to miss the playoffs.

So you think all 3 of Bos, KC and MIN finish ahead ? 

Orioles are -10000 to make it and plus $2500 to miss. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So you think all 3 of Bos, KC and MIN finish ahead ? 

Orioles are -10000 to make it and plus $2500 to miss. 

As of tonight we are 5.5 games ahead of Boston, 4 ahead of KC, and 3.5 ahead of Min.

Given how bad we have been I don’t think it’s that far fetched no. If we turn it around it will be hard for any of them to catch us, but we’ve been saying that for 6 weeks now, and you can argue it’s gotten worse, not better.