I hate watching pitchers who can’t hold runners

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

How about walks AND stolen bases? 

I like neither, but the walks are more infuriating.  If the walks come after a long at bat, it's understandable.  The lead off walk happened after Kimbrel got ahead 1-2.  The next three pitches were  not close.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t remember Frobby hating Bautista. 

Bautista did use a slide step some to change it up.  He is a big guys so it hard for him to hold guys.   For Kimbrel’s size he should hold them better and he makes no effort.  

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

True, but games like that happen every now then, especially against pitchers that don't give up walks.  

True,  sucks.  But very hard to win a game scoring 1 run.  

Ticks me off that we even have Perez and Kimbrel in the pen, and worse that Hyde used them in such a close game… I don’t care that Kimbrel hadn’t pitched in 5 days.  Let him pitch tomorrow on the off day…

True, but games like that happen every now then, especially against pitchers that don't give up walks.  

Ticks me off that we even have Perez and Kimbrel in the pen, and worse that Hyde used them in such a close game… I don’t care that Kimbrel hadn’t pitched in 5 days.  Let him pitch tomorrow on the off day…

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Then what are we talking about here 

Bautista allows fewer baserunners to begin with, and has a better ability to get out of bad situations via K. Sure, I would love for Bautista to work on it but we did not lose games on a regular basis because of it with him. I also don't think Frobby was targeting Kimbrel: we got burned by this with Burnes this weekend as well.

If you are bad at holding runners, you need to make sure you don't give them a free pass to begin with.  It's very hard to keep the other team from scoring when a leadoff walk turns into a triple.  

Cano is the only guy I trust in the bullpen now.  The bullpen will be the death of this team in the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Bautista allows fewer baserunners to begin with, and has a better ability to get out of bad situations via K. Sure, I would love for Bautista to work on it but we did not lose games on a regular basis because of it with him. I also don't think Frobby was targeting Kimbrel: we got burned by this with Burnes this weekend as well.

So it’s okay to not hold runners well if the pitcher is overall better. Bautista >>Kimbrel so we’ll let it slide. 

Burnes is a Cy Young candidate, I don’t be believe anyone’s once mentioned his issue holding runners while he’s been here. All of a sudden, it’s an issue cause it’s late in the season, they haven’t been playing particularly great and everyone’s on edge. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So it’s okay to not hold runners well if the pitcher is overall better. Bautista >>Kimbrel so we’ll let it slide. 

Burnes is a Cy Young candidate, I don’t be believe anyone’s once mentioned his issue holding runners while he’s been here. All of a sudden, it’s an issue cause it’s late in the season, they haven’t been playing particularly great and everyone’s on edge. 

I said it would be great if Bautista would work on it too.