How bad will it get the next 2 weeks?

RavensNOsGuy

I'm concerned, especially with the bullpen, but I acknowledge that this team is struggling mostly because of injuries.  And morale may be low with so many guys getting hurt of late.  

I'm optimistic the team will find a way to muddle through the next month and things will improve as players start to return. 

In the meantime cross your fingers that Mayo will get a couple hits and Soto will put up some more zeros.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I'm concerned, especially with the bullpen, but I acknowledge that this team is struggling mostly because of injuries.  And morale may be low with so many guys getting hurt of late.  

I'm optimistic the team will find a way to muddle through the next month and things will improve as players start to return. 

In the meantime cross your fingers that Mayo will get a couple hits and Soto will put up some more zeros.

No guarantees that Westy, Coulombe, or GRod return this year. Let alone be effective. This is who they are for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

No guarantees that Westy, Coulombe, or GRod return this year. Let alone be effective. This is who they are for the rest of the season.

Not to mention Kjerstad, Mateo or Webb.  I'd be surprised if at least half of them aren't back by next month.  Whether they are effective or not we shall see.

• Upvote 1

8-7, Should win when Burnes, Eflin and probably Suarez pitch and lose when Rogers and Kremer pitch.

Do the O's have a strong enough bullpen to sustain a winning streak.  If the O's started winning, the good parts of the bullpen would rapidly get overworked.  I assume guys like Soto will never get hurt.

How will it go? It’s not hard to figure out. They’ll be about .500 maybe less. Limp into the playoffs and get beat. They are not a good team. Defense is well below average, pitching staff is bad minus Burnes and Efflin and they are inconsistent at the plate. It is what it is. 

They'll keep muddling along.  With our power we have a good shot to win any game started by Eflin or Burnes, and Suarez seems to have rebounded.  But we'll struggle whenever Rogers or Kremer is starting, and our bullpen is down to Cano and duck for cover.   

The O's only hope is to get guys back from injury.  In order of importance:  GrayRod, Coulombe, Westburg, Webb.  

Predict baseball at your own risk. The team is talented enough to go on a rebounding hot streak at any moment, but shaky enough that they could certainly fall away from NYY. 

What I want to see soon is back to back series W's. Hasn't happened since the first week of July. 

4 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

1 Nats, 4 Sox, 3 Mets, 4 Astros, 3 Dodgers.

I’ll go with 4-11. Zero confidence in this team and manager to turn it around.

Hard to argue and if that happens they could be looking at 3rd place. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

Great OP! If this doesn't turn us around nothing will! When OH gets positive, O's go into a funk. It just never pays for OH to get too high. The opposite generally happens however with all the doom and gloom. Only problem Roy didn't start this OP! Not worried now - we'll be all right. 😀 Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

It's just frustrating after last year and the first couple of months of this year that this team is right back to playing losing baseball again. 

They were always never going to be good as last year. They way over performed. At the beginning of the year they looked like a 90ish win team on paper and for 2 months of the season were playing at like 110 win pace. The issue is they have been a .500 team for the last 2 months and injuries which comes back to why Elias just saw 2 major elbow injuries in the winter and thought nah they will be fine.