8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Just a place to pitch until he hits free agency.  Most free agents to be will give the obligatory I would love to stay here speech, even if they plan to sell their services to the high bidder.  I've never heard that from Burnes.

I don’t mean in terms of whether he is going to stay or is even interested in doing so.  I just can’t tell if he is having fun or likes the players he is around. 

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I can’t figure out if Burnes likes it here, hates it here, or just looks at this as a way stop. 

I think he likes it well enough, he just not about to get attached in his walk year.  Can't blame him.

As you that attached to your job?

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Burnes is laboring tonight...and he usually doesnt go too deep in games after 85 pitches...

Huh?  In his 24 starts, Burnes has thrown less than 90 pitches on just three occasions, opening day (82) and May13th (85), and June27th (88).  Otherwise he averages and consistently goes mid to high 90s in terms of pitch counts. 

after a couple dink hits in 1st inning, he looks fine to me tonight.