8/17 vs Red Sox (Povich start)

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Hyde will be fired the day after the season ends if they miss the playoffs. 

If the O's miss the playoffs or perform badly in the playoffs Elias will deserve more of the blame than Hyde.

Yeah, I mean Hyde has a team that's been decimated by injuries on the pitching staff.  Could he do somethings better when it comes to in game managing yes, but the idea of firing given the team's record and plethora of injruies is not fair.

Edited by O's84
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t watching but let me guess, with the game on the line at 1-1, the Red Sox hitter shortened his swing looking for a hole somewhere to drive the runs in. In the same situation in the bottom of the inning, Santander was looking to hit a GS and rolled over to second.

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

This is the perfect spot for him. Hell, even last inning.

That's my point.   This is the time he should be used,  when the game isn't on the line.   It is like waving the white flag,  but it's when you use him.   

6 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They’re a legitimately bad team right now. They would be lucky to not get swept out of the playoffs like last year whether it’s wildcard or ALDS. Pretty sad as a fan that it’s come to this. 

Where they are today has no bearing on where they will be 6 weeks from today. 

3 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

Was Burnes having a good outing?

No. He was a weak chopper from getting out of inning though as off as he was. 

i constantly hear he uses his pen arms too much. Well he came into tonight with only 7 pen arms and Akin down coming off a game where his SP goes 4 innings. That leaves 6 guys. 

Can’t win with you guys.