8/23 vs Houston

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Mayo with a triple just now in Norfolk...hes the ONLY player in AAA with 20 HR and a .300 BA..but theres no room for him on our red hot hitting team..(sorry for the sarcasm..but it's true.)

Probably because the ones that could both hit and play defense got promoted.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe Adley is hurt? Who knows why he hasn’t been as good. 

And Mayo is legit prospect. 
They keep playing Mullins in CF.  

I didn't say Mayo wasn't a legit prospect.  That was in response to the idea that lower draft picks can't more holes in their game (which I agree they do tend to have).

If you pay a fifth round guy second round money do you look at him like a fifth round guy or a second round guy or something in between?

Just now, terpoh said:

Don’t know. Wasn’t really given a real chance. 2-3 at bats every 4th game then subbed out

He turns on inside -middle pitches at AAA. Not same level of pitching here. All I’m saying and I like the kid. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Probably because the ones that could both hit and play defense got promoted.

Then DH him...we need the power..or even the threat of power...I think Elias wants to keep Mayo's rookie status...as if that makes a lot of sense..

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

WHAT?

His batting eye is fine, it's the umps that are wrong.

When they get the ABS system in the majors he'll be one of the biggest beneficiaries.

The amps are certainly blowing some calls, but you can’t blame a 174 batting average on the umpires

Just now, eddie83 said:

He turns on inside -middle pitches at AAA. Not same level of pitching here. All I’m saying and I like the kid. 

Yea I wasn’t disagreeing with you at all. I literally don’t know if he can hit MLB pitching. 

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Then DH him...we need the power..or even the threat of power...I think Elias wants to keep Mayo's rookie status...as if that makes a lot of sense..

I don’t think his rookie status has anything to do with it. If Mullins is hurt may be up.